Two

Freya's POV:

"Someone should say something to her." Rick muttered in annoyance as we walked through the dimly lit streets, waiting for Courtney to finish patrolling around with her staff from the high ground. "Because I don't know how much I can take going out every night and finding nothing."

"Give her a break, Rick." I remark in annoyance. "She just wants to help the town."

"Oh yeah?" He stops in his tracks to turn to face me with a glare. "For all we know, you're probably hiding another secret ISA base and making us look like idiots again."

I clench my fist in annoyance. "Are you ever going to drop that? I apologized a billion times and I have no way in contact with anyone who survived in the Injustice Society."

"Guys," Beth sighed, trying to push Rick and I away from each other. "don't fight, please. I don't like it."

"I didn't even initiate it! Rick did!" I exclaim. "He's consistently trying to find some way to piss me off."

"Oh please, don't flatter yourself." He crossed his arms. "I'm just stating the truth."

My hand brightens at the phrase. "Why I--"

Yolanda quickly stands in front of me, making sure to grab ahold of my arm to prevent me from swinging a punch. "Enough!" She scolds, sternly glancing between Rick and I. "Let's just get through the rest of the night without killing each other for Court and we'll all head home soon. Okay?"

My eyes soften at the word. Home.

I look away to the side, muttering a whatever but Yolanda harshly nudged my side. "Ow!"

"Okay?" She sternly emphasized, causing Rick and I to let out a sigh.

"Okay." Rick and I say in unison with our tones laced in annoyance.

"All clear!" Courtney's voice rang from the next alley which causes Beth to peek her head before she looks back towards us.

"She said all clear, guys!" Beth calls out, waving for Yolanda, Rick, and I to step out of our spots.

Courtney cautiously looks behind her towards the trash cans before she turns to us with a grin as we walked closer to her.

"So, no supervillains?" Rick spoke up before he gestured to the trash cans behind her. "Did you check inside the trash can?"

Courtney chuckles as she playfully snapped her fingers. "Sarcasm. Duly noted." The staff warbles in response before she clears her throat. "So I've got twenty-seven minutes until curfew. How 'bout we do one more loop around the Sub Shack?"

My eyes widen slightly as Yolanda, Beth, and I lock eyes with each other in concern. "Uh...Court, my feet are starting to kill me, and any second longer, I'm might end up hurting R--"

"Oh! Then that means you can fly around to patrol with me, don't worry." Courtney interrupted with a smile before she turns to Beth. "Beth, any sign of trouble?"

Beth lets out a sigh but it's quickly replaced with an uneasy smile, pressing her hand against the side of the somewhat fixed goggles over her eyes. "Goggles. Checking in...again. Anything out there?" She slowly looks around our surroundings before she shook her head. "These things just aren't as much fun without Chuck." She mutters as we follow behind her but stops in front of Sportsmaster's gym. "Yep. Nothing. No trouble alerts. No trace of the Gambler or Cindy Burman or...Solomon Grundy."

I snort, seeing the disbelief in Rick's expression, remembering how he went from practically stating he would kill Grundy until he changed his mind by sparing his life.