Sixteen

Freya's POV:

"Mike's not picking up his phone." I say, shoving my phone in my pocket as Pat pulled open the door to the backroom.

"If I have to guess, he has to be still at the junkyard with Zeek." Pat assured before clicking the button in his keyring, causing the robot's engines to rev to life and open the hatch in the middle of its chest. "Think you can stop by and grab him to take him to Barb?"

I nod. "Yeah but I need my helmet first."

"It should be in the locker." He points upstairs.

Before I could run up the steps, the screeching sounds of a violin instantly pierce through my ears which causes me to stumble against the table with a grunt.

"Agh!" I clasp my hands over my ears, watching as Pat did the same before someone steps out from behind the robot.

With a glare, Isaac continued to step out from his spot as he played the violin louder and my knees shakily buckle to the ground.

Isaac stops playing as soon as he stood in front of me, his expression never wavering. "You took my mom away from me." He gritted through his teeth. "Now...you're gonna pay."

"Isaac please, I'm s—"

He roughly swipes the violin bow across his instrument, causing the sound wave to collide with my chest and I crash against the stairs.

"Freya!" Pat shakily tries to stand but Isaac abruptly turns to him, continuing to play the horrid tone. "Agh—T-The helmet!"

I nod and scramble up the stairs but before I could reach the locker, someone digs their foot on my side which causes my back to slam on the ground again.

"Hey, Freya." I hear Artemis greet and I slowly look up, my eyes widening at the sight of her suit.

Masking her identity was an old hockey mask, a few baseballs attached to her vest, and her sports bag with her baseball bat on her back

"Artemis, don't." I grunt as I push myself up with the stool nearby, watching as she opened the locker and grabbed the Helmet of Fate from inside. "I don't want to have to fight you."

"If that's supposed to be a threat, that was horrible." She chuckled, before tossing the helmet down the steps and from behind, Isaac uses the violin's sound waves to make Pat smash his head against the robot. "Not so powerful without the helmet now, huh?"

Before Isaac could use his violin again, I quickly aim my hand towards him which instantly blasts a surge of energy and knocks him away from Pat. "I call it a bonus." I grit my teeth, carefully pushing myself up from the ground with a glare.

She huffs and lunges forward to stab the crowbar through my stomach but I grab ahold of the weapon and push it away from me. Within milliseconds she jabs my stomach, causing me to stumble back into the table.