Thirty-Four

Freya's POV:

I carefully land us to the ground, seeing Cindy and Courtney unconscious in the grass a couple of feet away from each other.

I look up to the American Dream tower, but my brows furrow in confusion since I didn't see Eclipso anywhere. "I could've sworn he climbed up."

"Maybe he--"

"What up, bitch!" A familiar robotic-like voice shouted from a distance, causing my eyes to widen as we turn to the sound. "Yeah, kiss my giant metal ass!"

I stifle a laugh, seeing Pat's robot suit in the middle of shaking its behind to Eclipso who slowly sat up from the roof of the destroyed car to walk closer to him.

In a matter of seconds, STRIPE's arm transforms into a chainsaw and pushes towards Eclipso, forcing him to slide backward.

"Oh yeah!" Mike cheered before his other arm transforms into a flamethrower and shoots out the bright flames. "Smoked and begone, baby!"

"Mike's going to get himself killed." Pat groans and tries to run after him but I grab his shoulder. "What are you--"

"Mike has a better shot to getting some hits in rather than you, scrawny." I interrupt. As if on cue, a surge of pink electricity appears a couple of feet away from the battle and a boy who seemed to be Mike's age, stumbles forward out of thin air. "And it looks like he brought backup."

We watch as The Thunderbolt rushes through Eclipso's body which sends crackles of electricity to spark out. Before he could fully phase through, Eclipso grabs ahold of The Thunderbolt's legs which holds him in place.

He swings him towards the STRIPE suit and instantly sparks of electricity run through the suit which sends it stumbling backward to crash into the building.

"Mike!" Pat worriedly calls out before sprinting towards him.

From behind, Eclipso leaps towards the boy frozen in terror as he collapsed to the ground but I quickly blast the surge of energy towards him, knocking him away from the kid.

I fly towards him in concern. "Are you okay?"

"I-I-erm...you just--wow!" He stammered. "You saved me! Who you—I mean, what are you? Who are you?"

I lift my helmet a bit for him to see me. "Freya." I offer my hand and his eyes widen slightly in awe. "I'm assuming you're a friend of Mike's."

"Hi Jakeem, I'm Freya--" He winces at the error. "wait that's not right."

I roll my eyes, placing the Helmet back over my head before I pull him up to his feet. "Don't be weird."

"Even if you managed to break through my control, it's not too late for you to reconsider." Eclipso scoffs and I protectively stood in front of Jakeem with a glare. "I took out most of your team and you're the only one still standing."

"Not me." From behind, Rick stood dressed in his Hourman suit without the hourglass around his neck.

My eyes soften. "Rick."

"Have you come to simply die?" Eclipso harshly remarked. "You have no super strength against me."

"I still have super strength." Rick smirks. "And it lasts more than an hour."

The sounds of growls approach closer and in a matter of milliseconds, a large form knocks Eclipso to roll across the street before towering over him with a roar.

"What the heck is that?" Jakeem exasperated.

"A friend." Rick chuckles but my eyes flicker down to his side, remembering the gash I left.