Five

Freya's POV:

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?" Courtney whined as I continued to walk inside the classroom in silence, taking a seat in the desk at the way back. "A lot happened yesterday so it sort of...slipped my mind."

"Just forget about it, Court." I mumbled, placing my bag on the ground as she took off her jacket.

"Yolanda?" I look up from the desk and watch as Yolanda placed her backpack on the ground and sat down next to me. "W-What are you doing here? I thought you got straight A's." Courtney asked, failing to fight the smile that appeared on her face.

"I did." Yolanda muttered, grabbing a pencil from her bag before she placed it on the desk. "My parents enrolled me this morning to "keep me out of trouble."" She held her fingers up to use air quotes before rolling her eyes.

"Wow! Wow." Courtney sighed in somewhat relief, causing me to smack her arm with a glare. "Uh, t-that's terrible. Yeah, really, really unfair."

"Good morning, Blue Valley High!" I look away and see a man dressed in a semi-formal suit. "I am Mr. Deisinger, for anyone who hasn't taken my art class, which is...everyone. Since it's summer, you can all call me Paul."

I share a look with Yolanda and she immediately rolls her eyes before we look back towards the front.

"Okay, who have we got here? Isaac Bowin?" My heart sinks at the sight of him, seeing as he didn't bother to look up from his desk before he muttered something under his breath. "What was that?"

"Here!" Isaac raised his voice, causing some of the students to jump at the sudden tone.

Mr. Deisinger slowly nods before looking back to his clipboard. "Josh Carillo."

I feel a foot nudge mine which causes me to look up and see Yolanda's curious expression. "So who's this green llama girl?" She whispered.

I stifle a laugh. "Green llama girl?"

"It's Green Lantern." Courtney emphasized. "And Pat actually thinks she's his daughter."

"Well, why shouldn't he?" Yolanda questioned

"Because there's a history of people in this town not being who they say they are." Courtney quickly answered and I awkwardly look down to my desk. "I-I meant the people who were in the--you know, obviously we're good--"

"Freya Crock?" Mr. Deisinger called out and I raised my hand. "Thank you."

"I got what you mean, Court." I whisper before looking down to my desk. "Clearly."

"So no Rick Harris?" Mr. Deisinger asked as he looked around the classroom. "I don't see Rick."

Looks like most of us ended up here. I would've been surprised if Beth enrolled in summer school too.