Thirty-One

>:) heheheh
Freya's POV:

The sounds of the church bells melodically echo as they clang against each other which indicated that service is over.

I approach closer to the building and a familiar figure wearing a blue, black, and red patterned coat with black pants walked down the steps which sent my nerves to spike up.

I awkwardly shove my hands in my hoodie before I make it to the last step to stand in front of her. "Hey." I softly greet.

Her expression remained neutral as she stepped around me. "My mom's picking me up any second."

Ouch. "Then I'll make this quick. It's important." I continue to say as I try to follow behind her but she didn't bother to turn. "Yolanda, you're not the only JSA member who's killed someone."

She instantly pauses in her steps, keeping her back to me. "If you're trying to comfort me by saying you--"

"Not me." I cut in. "The Justice Society stopped Eclipso last time by...killing Bruce Gordon."

She slowly turns to face me with her eyes narrow in suspicion. "How do you know that?"

"Pat was there." I awkwardly answer, still trying to process his revelation. "We can all talk about it together, but Courtney wanted me to be the one to tell you. The first Wildcat, Ted Grant, he made the same mistake."

"And?"

"He had to live with that guilt with the rest of them." I emphasize. "Pat can explain why he--"

"Why are you telling me this?" She harshly interrupted.

"To let you know that you're not alone. You're my friend and the JSA isn't the same without you." I nervously look down at the floor. "The way we left things...I miss you."

"Freya--"

I quickly shake my head. "In less than four hours, Beth will lock on to Eclipso's hiding place, and the team needs you. Badly."

She intimidatingly takes a step closer to me. "You thought telling me this would magically make me feel better?" She remarked before she shook her head. "All it does is make everything worse. Ted Grant was a killer, too!"

Oh god. "No, that's not what I meant--"

"No Freya! I will never put that costume on again, okay? Ever. Because it's a costume of a murderer." My heart sinks at her words. "Twice now." She whispers and moves to turn away from me but I grab her wrist.

"Wait, Yolanda--"

"Wait, Yolanda--"

"Let me go." She clenched her jaw with a glare. "I can't be seen with you anymore."

"But--" I dig through my pocket to try to give her the necklace again.

"No, I'm done, Freya!" She raises her voice, ripped away from my hold, and continued to walk away.