Seventeen

Freya's POV:

Yolanda leaps from the pillar and jumps towards Artemis but Artemis swiftly evades the attack by throwing her over her head before aiming her crossbow towards Beth.

Before I could shove her away, soundwaves from Isaac's violin sends me flying across the room and into the wooden tables.

Thankfully, Rick blocks the arrows with his back before catching the last one with a huff and tosses it to the side. He charges to Artemis but she jumps high with her foot raised, slamming the heel of her foot in the middle of his chest which sends him to collapse on the ground.

Isaac plays the sharp tone of the violin towards Beth, causing her to crash against the table behind her.

"Jocks one, nerds zero." Artemis bragged before lifting her fist.

Before she could strike, Beth clicks the side of her goggles which instantly emits several green panels of mugshot photos of Lawrence and Paula.

She frantically looks around and Rick rushes towards her, harshly shoving her away from Beth which sends her to crash against the cemented pillar and fall flat on the table

"Aah!" I snap my head towards Yolanda's cries, seeing as Isaac played the ear-piercing sound from his violin while she painfully clutched onto her ears.

I push myself up from the ground and throw short blasts towards him, causing him to dodge the attacks. During this, Artemis tries to throw a baseball towards my way but Yolanda spins on her heel, striking her foot across Artemis' face which sends her to roll off of the table.

I grab ahold of her backpack, lifting her from the ground before I chuck her against the brick wall and she collides into the cart filled with snacks.

She quickly dusts herself off and pushes herself up, causing Rick to rush towards her.

I look towards Beth, seeing as she worriedly glanced at the different fights around us. "Beth, listen to me!" I raise my voice, offering my hand for her to grab so I could help her stand. "Find Mike! We'll stall as much as we can so you can get him!"

She nods, clicking on the side of her goggles which instantly lit up green before sprinting towards the backroom.

Suddenly, an explosion causes me to look away, seeing as Rick and Artemis rolled across the floor but she quickly stands up from her spot and pulls the baseball bat out of her bag.

Before she could swing, I aim my hand towards her and blast her away from him, causing her to skid across the floor. She snaps her head towards me as I rushed towards her and swings the baseball bat at my head. I block the swing with my arm but she kicks down at my chest, sending me to crash against the piled snacks.

Rick manages to get on his feet, grabbing ahold of her leg before throwing her against the vending machine.

He storms over to her and tries to snatch the baseball bat in her hands but she tightly holds on to it with a grunt until he smacks the side of it against her head which causes her to let go.