Six

Freya's POV:

I lean against the railing with Courtney, watching as the others were talking with Jennie nearby Pat's robot.

"So...what's the real reason why you can't see the good in Jennie?" I spoke up first, breaking the silence between us.

"Can't see it?" She asked before she turned to face me. "Freya, how can I not see the good in Jennie? Everyone sees it. I mean, she's perfect. And..." She trails off before she looks back down to where everyone stood. "and she's a superhero's daughter, for real."

I slowly nod and Courtney lets out a sigh, taking a seat on the edge of the couch

I slowly nod and Courtney lets out a sigh, taking a seat on the edge of the couch. "I feel like such a fraud around her. She's everything I should be."

I simply shake my head. "I don't think so. The way I see it, she's who you used to be."

She furrows her brows in confusion. "How?"

"Well, she's trying to learn more about a father she never really knew." I explain with a small shrug. "Sound familiar?"

Realization fills her expression and she slowly nods. "Yeah..."

"And what did it feel like?"

"Pretty lonely." She muttered.

I snap my fingers. "Bingo." I chuckle. "If you apologize and actually get to know her, she's a pretty cool person to hang out with."

We look back down towards everyone else and Courtney lets out a sigh. "Okay, fine." She muttered. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up?"

The corners of her mouth perk up into a teasing smile. "What were some of the positive things you said to Jennie about Yolanda?"

"Just that she's kind, funny and--" I casually explain before my eyes widen in realization. "Wait, I don't have to talk about this with you." I scold in which she starts to groan.

"Come on, it's obvious you guys have a thing going on." She whined, smacking my arm a few times. "Why are you pushing it away?"

"We're strictly friends, Whitmore." I sternly say but she rolls her eyes.. "I'm serious don't meddle into it, okay? She's not into it anymore and I'm positive she isn't ready. Neither am I."

"But I'm just saying," She innocently held up her hands before pushing herself up from the couch. "if she didn't like you then why is she still wearing the locket you got her for Christmas?"

"Just--" I pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance. "Just go say sorry to Jennie!" I whisper.

"Okay, okay!" She mutters and I follow behind as she walks down the steps.

"You might've seen Freya's powers with the Helmet of Fate, but I have my goggles, and Yolanda can cut through anything." We hear Beth excitedly explain to Jennie.