Ten

Freya's POV:

"I can't believe there isn't anything in the files about Eclipso." Courtney scoffed as we walked up the steps from the basement. "Not even a word!"

"Do you really think he's here in Blue Valley?" I ask. "I mean, hasn't Beth's goggles been super glitchy? Maybe it was an accident."

She gives a pointed look. "Beth's goggles wouldn't just warn us like that."

Courtney pushes open the door and shuts it behind us. "Eclipso?" We hear Pat whisper in the kitchen.

"Yeah." Barbara's voice joined in, causing Courtney to quickly walk towards the kitchen and I follow behind her.

"What was that about Eclipso?" Courtney spoke up, causing the two adults to look towards her.

Pat worriedly shares a look with Barbara before fully turning to her with concern. "How do you know about Eclipso?"

"How do you know about Eclipso?" Courtney repeated, placing her backpack on the board that covered the hole in the island in the middle of the room.

"You first." Barbara gestured to us.

"Well, we don't know about him." I start, pulling out the stool to take a seat. "Doctor Mid-Nite's goggles warned Beth that Eclipso is here in Blue Valley."

"The goggles said that?" Pat questioned unsurely.

"How do they know?" Barbara asked.

Courtney shrugged. "The trouble alerts, I guess. But all the files on Eclipso are confidential, and Freya and I couldn't find any in the basement." She explained as she gestured to me. "Why, Pat? Who is Eclipso?"

Pat nervously scratches the back of his neck before letting out a sigh. "He's the devil in the shadows. Evil, Court, real evil, imprisoned inside the black diamond."

"The one The Shade's looking for." Barbara hesitantly added.

"And whoever has the diamond has Eclipso's power." Pat continued in which Courtney's expression churns to worry.

"What...what are Eclipso's powers?"

"He can get inside your head, make you see things that aren't there." Pat explained with a bit of hesitation. "Starman said the diamond drove people to do, uh...bad things...to themselves and to others."

"But the JSA stopped Eclipso?" I question.

He nods. "Yeah, somehow they managed to, but...the longer Eclipso's active, the more powerful he becomes."

"So The Shade, who kicked our collective butts without lifting a single finger, is looking for the black diamond to team up with pure evil." Courtney concluded before her brows furrow in confusion. "To do what?"

Pat lets out a quiet scoff. "I don't know."

Courtney slings her backpack over her arm but from behind, I could see Barbara's nervous antics once she turned away from her.