63 || Birthday Girl

Song: Glass Animans - heat waves (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

"I can't fucking believe it."

"Believe what?"

"That you did it." He scoffs into the line. "You saw him, decided you wanted him and then just manifested him."

"It wasn't just manifesting if I had to work hard for it."  I correct, holding the phone closer to my ear.

I can practically hear Jacob rolling his eyes. "Either way, I think you're a fucking nut case, Gia. But I gotta applaud you."

My brows furrow but I end up letting whatever bullshit Jacobs telling me go. He's just drunk. I mean, I would be too if I was spending my summer break in St Tropez and my birthday on a yatch.

But unlike him, I wasn't. I was spending my birthday-or what was about to be my birthday, in a large bed with no one other than my baby, Cucci.

"I'm taking 19 shots for you and 19 for me." He slurs into the phone. "So that's... If I carry the one..." But then he sighs. "Never mind, I'm too wasted to do the math and you're math skills won't be of help either."

"Please don't do that." I mumble into the phone, pinching the bridge of my nose, but like the wasted jackass he is, he doesn't listen to me.

"Anyways, happy birthday to us bitch!" He screams, I glance towards the clock noting how it was only 11:30 and my birthday wasn't for another thirty minutes, but I guess the sentiment was sweet enough.

"Thanks, happy birthday to you too." I say into the phone but when I'm met with cheering and muffling, I sigh out, knowing it was useless and so without another word I hang up.

I then move into Alessio's bathroom to get ready for bed. His bathroom that has been completely overrun by my products. But, in my defence I was the only one using the entire space in the last four days.

Alessio's away on a week long business trip and since his bedroom was now ours, I had taken the time to finally get comfortable in it.

By the time I'm ready for bed, I walk out to see Cucci lying in the spot next to mine and with a small smile I move to crawl into bed with her but I stop at the sound of a loud thud.

My shoulders instantly tense and I look towards the closed bedroom doors. Marco and the rest of the men were out on business and the only people home were Liam and I.

Grabbing Cucci, I softly make my way towards the doors to lock them but just as I turn the lock, another loud thud echos from the hallway followed by swearing and my body instantly relaxes.

I swing the bedroom door open and look towards the grown man lying across the floor with bits of frosting all over his face.

"Happy birthday, Tweety?" Liam offers pathetically and I blink down at him as he manoeuvres his way up and off the floor.

"What are you doing?" I question, eyeing him as he winces and stretches his neck from side to side.

"I kinda sorta tripped." He offers sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. I withhold a sigh and instead move forward to place a peck on his cheek. The one that's not covered in what I now gather to be remnants of a cupcake.