Chapter One

"Kylie, whats up? Are you okay?"

"Um, Jake?"

"Kylie? What have you done?" He probably thinks I've killed someone, ha.

"Nothing! Nothing at all. But, I was wondering if I could take up your offer?" I wonder if he remembers.

"My offer?" He sounded pretty confused in all honesty. Maybe he doesn't remember it.

"Yeah, that offer you made before you left home," I told him.

"When I left last year?" He does remember!

"Mhmm. The one where you said I could live with you whenever I wanted. You know, if I got tired of mum and dad or something." It was true, but he didn't really use those exactly words. It was more if I got annoyed by their constant nagging.

"You want to move in because you're finally 18 and they're driving you crazy about getting a job and all that crap?" Well I'm guessing he would obviously know, it's one of the reasons he moved out himself.

"Bingo."

"Well little sis, pack your bags and I'll come and pick you up." He's seriously the best brother ever.

"I've already packed," I nervously laugh out. What? I was am eager beaver and I knew he wouldn't say no.

"You have?" He sounded very shocked. What was so shocking? The fact I've packed without him saying yes? Okay that was fair enough. I would've been shocked too if it were the other way around.

"Yes, so how soon can you get here?"

"I'll be there in an hour or so. See you."

"Love you big bro."

"I know you do. Love you little sis." Yep, we were those siblings that actually managed to say we loved each other. Now that was shocking, right?

***

I got in the car, saying bye to my parents. They were fine as I was living with Jake, my brother. We left later than I expected but it was only because mum and dad wanted to catch up with Jake, which was understandable. We were now off, and I was happy for the new scenery.

"There's some stuff you gotta know," he told me, glancing at me for a second.

"Like what? You've got a girlfriend you live with and make so much noise doing-"

"No! I've got a roommate, my best friend. I met him last year when I moved here. He was coworker and all but I let him move in because he had some difficulty at his. Well, he lost his apartment and got evicted so I let him move in. He pays rent, don't worry."

"Okay, so you've got someone living with you?"

"Yes. His name is Damian." Always liked that name.

"Oh okay. So? What's the problem? You sound like there's a problem with that," I point out.

"He's kind of a player."

"And?"

"He has quite a few girls around," he says, keeping his eyes focused on the road still.

"What's your point?"

"I don't want you basically getting played by him okay? You're my little sister and plus, he plays loud music early. I mean, I know you love your sleep," he says, a little laugh at the end. It was true, I did. Who didn't?

"It doesn't bother me, I've lived with you most of my life," I joke. Well, I'm living with him even more now.

"Hey! That's hurts," he exclaimed, feigning hurt and putting a hand over his heart. "But still, keep much distance from him." Knowing Jake, he will probably forget about this and tell me Damian will take me places. Just you watch, my brother can be an idiot.