Chapter Fifteen

Yet another day, I was at work. I was enjoying work, sure, but then again it was becoming more like a routine. I didn't mind it though. Work was work and it wasn't suppose to be fun. I enjoyed how so many little children came up to me just to show me what their parents were going to buy them. They spoke with so much passion about the toy and where the character came from. Well, what the toy was based on. It was usually based on shows but they had so much passion for them and it made my heart melt. They kept speaking to me until their parents came and apologised then dragged their child to the counter so they could buy the toy. "Excuse me, miss?" I turn around and I'm faced with Toby, Justin and Trevor.

"Hey guys! What are you doing here?" I ask. It was weird they were here, they never visited me here.

"We thought we'd come and visit you because we were curious if you wanted to see a movie with us later?" Trevor questioned. I shrugged and said I'd love to. "Cool, shall we come by when you finish work?" I said that that would be fine and told them when I would finish. "Ah, yeah, we will have enough time to get to the cinema."

"Alright, that's cool. Can't wait!"

"Good, we'll see you later," Justin says. I noticed he now has blue hair and I have to admit, he looked really great. It's odd how one person seems to make all sorts of colours work.

"Nice hair by the way, Justin. It looks amazing!" I compliment, running my hand through his hair quickly. What? He was the one who had pretty soft hair, oddly enough.

"Thanks! Maybe you-"

"-I am not dyeing my hair blue," I tell him with a laugh.

"Oh, fine. None of you are fun," he pouts. Trevor, Toby and I all roll our eyes at him and then we exchange goodbyes before they all leave. I quickly excuses myself from the shop floor to go to the toilet. As I went to the locker room, I quickly pulled my phone out and texted Damian to tell him I wasn't going to be home later as I was going to the movies with the guys. I didn't bother waiting for a reply because I actually really did have to go toilet.

About half an hour later, I was startled by Damian's voice. I asked him what he was doing here because I actually thought he was at work. "Shift ended early. I was going to offer you a lift home but you're not going home straight away." Well, I guess he got the text. Let me tell you, he did not seem all too pleased that I was going.

"Oh, yeah. So, um, there should be dinner left? Well, unless you want to order takeaway, whichever you want." He hummed in reply and I took that as my cue to carry on with my work. As I was, he still hovered around me. "Do you need something?" I queried.

"You," he said with a straight face. Um, okay. "Don't go, please?"

"Please tell me you're not turning into Jake? I really need a break for him and I'd love to hang out with my friends without him telling me I can't, acting as if he's my third parent. I feel like I already have three, I don't need you becoming a fourth." I do love Jake, but he acts like a parent to me when he's only a few years older than me.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you but yeah, you should spend time with your friends before Jake comes back," he tells me, smiling away. I could see in his eyes that he was... Hurt? Why hurt?

"Oh, are you sure?" I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if I invited him along, right? Maybe that'll make him happier? "Maybe you can come with us?" At my suggestion, I saw his eyes light up slightly.

"Really? They wouldn't mind? You don't mind?" I shook my head and told him it would be fine. Well, I hoped it would be fine with them. They all knew him anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. I then told him to meet us after my shift which finished soon. He then walked out the store, thankfully not kissing me by surprise. Well, I suppose I wouldn't have minded it.