[official] BONUS CHAPTER

[official] BONUS CHAPTER: when Damian met Jake — third point of view

Damian finally got his butt out of his apartment, which he really needed to pay the rent for, and headed to town. He needed a job, especially after losing his previous one, and he needed it fast. He had tried to get a job at Drake's Autos, seeing as it meant he could be a mechanic, but at the time there was no vacancies. "Maybe I should try again," he mumbled. He popped into Drake's Autos and asked for the manager, which was pretty much obvious that it was someone named Drake. Besides, Damian had already met Drake when he tried to get a job here.

"Damian! You're back, what can I do for you?" Damian gave a smile and a nervous laugh.

"Well, hopefully a job?" Drake let out a grin. He was a young guy, probably in his early thirties — like Damian's parents — but didn't actually look a day over thirty.

"You know what? I've been meaning to call you. You're highly qualified for this job and we've had a vacancy open up. I would like to offer you a job, actually, but firstly I want you to have a trial."

"A trial? Sounds good to me. When do I start?" Damian was glad that he had managed to actually get a job so quickly. Well, it was almost a job.

"Tomorrow morning. Eight sharp. I'll have one of my employees watch over you and report back to me. Oh, and don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine. As I said, you seem highly qualified and I have no doubt that you'll do great, but trials are done for everyone here just to be sure." Damian agreed to the trial and said he would see Drake tomorrow. And so, Damian went back home and lay around for the rest of the day.

The next day came and he was geared up and ready for his trial. He was actually excited for it because ever since he was young, he had been fascinated with cars and now he was finally working with cars and fixing them. He had been fixing cars since he was around fifteen as his father set him up doing so.

"Good morning, Mr King. Here is one of my most trusted employees, Freddie. I'm sure the two of you will get on well." Drake patted Freddie on the shoulder and walked off.

"So, you're the new guy, huh?" Freddie asked.

"Hopefully, yeah."

"Let me show you around quickly so you know where to go for certain things." Freddie showed Damian around for about five minutes before the shop fully opened. A few cars were already in the shop and so Freddie set Damian to work on one of them while he worked on another. Every now and again, Freddie would check up on Damian to make sure he was doing everything right and doing okay. Freddie was actually blown away with how well Damian was doing. "Wow, dude, Drake would be silly not to hire you."

"Thanks, man." Just then, another guy walked in and greeted Freddie.

"Oh, Jake! This is Damian, he's hopefully going to be working with us. He's pretty chill, you'll like him." Damian and Jake shook hands. It was awkward at first until the three of them began joking around a bit. They stopped when Drake came in to check on everyone.

"Good to see you all getting on. Freddie, can I have a word?" Freddie nodded his head and wiped his hands clean before following Drake into his office.

"So, been in town for a while? I recognise you, actually," Jake said.

"Yeah, I worked in a supermarket for a little bit I kinda got fired. Kinda slept with some chick who worked there with me and when I wouldn't sleep with her again, she totally blew up and got me fired."

"Ouch, that's harsh, man."

"Tell me about it." Damian felt at ease when talking to Jake, as if he had known him for years and years. "Kinda behind on rent so I really need this job." Jake hummed and walked around to the car that Damian was working on. Jake asked what the problem with it was and Damian explained. Jake checked over the car and smiled.

"I'm sure you'll get it. Good job." However, Damian's attention was drawn to a woman walking in. He smirked and was about to walk up to her but stopped in his tracks when Jake was already beside her and kissing her cheek. "Hey, Sam, what's up?"

"I wanted to know when you finish today? Parents invited me around for dinner and I was hoping you'd come with me?" Samantha, Jake's girlfriend, asked with a smile on her face. Jake could never say no to her because she always looked so innocent.

"You know I will." She grinned and kissed him before telling him she had to go do some shopping. They said their goodbyes and she left.

"She's–"

"Beautiful? I know."

As the day went on, everyone became more acquainted with each other. The day soon ended and Damian was informed that the trial would last for a week. And so, Damian showed up every day for the trial and impressed everyone with how he was doing. At the end of the week, Drake offered him a job which Damian gladly accepted.

He began working there and as the weeks went on, he and Jake had become the best of friends. They hung out together and Jake wasn't too bothered with the way Damian always picked up girls to take home for the night — not that it was any of Jake's business what Damian did anyway.

However, as the weeks went on, Damian was falling more and more behind on his rent. He began to get stressed and went out more and more, spending the little cash he had on drinks so he could pick up girls. His pay check was enough to pay for one month of rent, but he was about two months behind.

"You can't evict me! Please, I've got a job. I can pay you, I just need time," Damian pleased.

"I'm sorry but we've been waiting on you for ages now. You have a month to move out." Damian lost it and trashed the place. He was almost homeless and had no where to go. And a few hours after being told that, he showed up for work with a depressed look on his face and the anger bubbling inside of him.

"Damian, mate, what's wrong?"

"I'm being evicted. Got one month to move out." Jake frowned and felt sorry for Damian. In the short period of time, he had already grown fond of Damian seeing as they were really good friends. He also felt bad for him because he knew that it would mean Damian would be homeless and he didn't want that. During their friendship, Damian hardly ever spoke of his situation. And because he didn't, Jake thought everything was okay.

"Move in with me? I mean, I have two spare rooms and it makes sense. It'd be easier for me to pay rent too. You wouldn't have to pay too much since it'll be split between the two of us." Damian was gobsmacked. He didn't expect Jake to offer him a place to live.

"Are you serious? You're okay with me moving in? You're offering me a place?"

"Yeah, man, of course!"

"Bloody hell, Jake, you're a lifesaver!" And there began a strong friendship between the pair, which would hopefully not get ruined — although everyone knows what is later to happen, right?

--

Hey! Merry early Christmas! I didn't know whether to post bonus chapters as a Christmas present or as an early Christmas present. And as you know, I asked you guys. There's mixed comments but one comment stood out. One as a Christmas present and one as an early Christmas present.

I wrote Damian's past and it's a long chapter, and so that will be the Christmas one! However, I wrote this up today for you all as an early Christmas present! So, I hope you enjoyed this and I'll post the next bonus chapter on Christmas! ☺️☺️