Chapter Twelve

After we had finished watching the movie, Jake came out and asked us about how hanging together was. We explained how it was decent and then Damian mentioned the stories I told him about Jake. Jake just laughed his way through and kept trying to defend himself. But anyway, it's been a few days since that. Jake had decided to go out to do something and when I questioned him about it, he claimed it was private and confidential. Since Jake was out and Damian had a day off, Damian said he would meet me after I finished work so we could hang out.

As I finished, I noticed that I hadn't received any flowers or pickup lines. I was sort of glad that they had stopped but then part of me was slightly sad. Maybe the person gave up? I still wish I knew who it was though!

Damian met me outside Toy Barn and questioned me about the flowers. "You always have flowers after you work," he pointed out.

"I guess the person stopped," I shrug.

"You seem sad about that." I shake my head and tell him I wasn't sad. But like I said, part of me was sad. "Well, let's get going. I figured we can go to this carnival that's in town."

"Really? That sounds so fun! What are we waiting for? Let's go, let's go!" I then take his hand and drag him to his car since I saw it in the distance. He laughs at me, obviously, and unlocks the car. We both get in and he drives to the carnival. He parks just a little bit away from the carnival and so we walk to the carnival. We went on a few rides and I was screaming my head off. I was so scared but I found myself holding onto Damian's hand a few times. He didn't seem bothered.

"Are you okay?" he asks me, telling me how I looked like I wasn't feeling very well.

"I'm good, don't worry!" He then dragged me towards those booths which you could play games on and win a few prizes. I saw a stuffed tiger and I squealed, immediately pulling out some money to try and win it. Damian pushed my hand away and told me to put my money away because he would pay for me. So, he did. I tried at the game. It was one where you had to get the hoop on the bottle. Well, to win the prize you had to get three out of four hoops onto a bottle. Unfortunately, I only got one. I frowned and huffed, I wasn't very happy. Damian paid the guy again and decided he was going to have a try. He got the first one and the second. He then missed the third. The fourth almost didn't go on but he managed to get it on. We both cheered and I found myself hugging him. He asked which one I wanted and I told him which one. When he received the prize, he handed it to me. "Thank you so much," I squeal.

"No problem, Kylie." He was smiling at me and I smiled back. We walked around for a few more hours, riding rides and playing those mini games. We then made our way back to the car, figuring we should probably go home. As we stood outside the car, he opened the door for me. He shut the door after I got in, as well as my tiger teddy.

We drove home and chatted, mainly about today and how awesome it was. We soon arrived at home and we unlocked the door, realising Jake was still not home. "Thanks for today, Damian. I really had so much fun." We were standing pretty close to each other.

"It's no problem, I hope you had fun. I know I did," he replies, grinning at me.

"Yeah, I did." We stayed silent for a few minutes and before I was about to leave to my room, Damian pulled me towards him.

"You can't keep denying whatever we have, Kylie." I mean, I didn't even know what we had. As far as I concerned we were just friends, right? But what if we were more than that? He was staring into my eyes, his eyes occasionally darting to my lips. He took the tiger from my hand and threw it onto the couch. His arms were now around my waist. He hesitantly leaned closer, probably unsure of whether or not I was going to push him away. I wasn't even sure if I was going to push him away.