Extra 7

Please note that this is no longer an actual chapter, just something that I had written long ago. This is no longer part of the actual book. Thank you. This is also not edited.

Five Years Later

"Ugh! I hate you!" Riley slams the door shut, making the sound echo throughout the house.

"I think they had a fight." Damian says, yawning. It was after school and the kids had come home around an hour ago. I swear, surely fifteen year olds don't argue this much? Or have I really been living under a rock?

"Really? I couldn't tell." I say, full with sarcasm. That's the thing when they fight, it sends a negative vibe around the whole place.. Which means Damian and I end up fighting. Not bad, though. Well, most of the time it's not bad. Sometimes it ends up with him leaving the house for a couple of hours and then coming back late in the night apologising. Well, we both apologise. Our fights were stupid though, like really petty.

"Calm it, Kylie. No need to go all sarcastic on me. I was just saying." I roll my eyes and get up, going to Riley's room. I knock on the door and open the door, suddenly finding something being flung at me. I quickly duck and thankfully the shoe misses my head. I look at her, annoyed. She just continued playing, or texting, on her phone.

"Riley! You do not throw things at people!" I shout, making her look up at me with her eyes wide. She had an instant look of regret on her face.

"I thought you were Ryan, sorry mum.."

"That is no excuse, you do not throw things..especially at your brother." She rolls her eyes at me and goes back to texting on her phone. "Who are you texting?" I ask, wondering who was more important than me almost dying. Okay, I'm a little dramatic..

"No-"

"Her boyfriend!" I hear Ryan yell out. I peep my head out the door and find him smirking.

"I'm going to bloody kill you, Ryan!" Surely that's a sign that it is true?

"Ryan, are you being serious?" I still ask him anyway. The smirk on his face looks mischievous. Gets that from his father, I swear. Maybe he was trying to create problems for Riley?

"Yes, just take her phone and look at her texts. I bet they sext." I sigh and walk back into Riley's room and walk up to her, taking her phone out of her hand. Here's the thing, I had no problem she was dating.. Damian does though. She's just a bit too young though.

"Mum! Give it back!" She reaches up to grab it but I've already read some, dammit. I wish I didn't. I didn't want to be this parent.. I give her back her phone and mumble and apology. I walk out the room, wanting to pull out my hair.

Well, I probably just lose my daughter's trust. How bloody great. I'm such an idiot. I walk into my room, slamming the door shut. Riley and I developed a good relationship as she grew older. We got closer. She wasn't exactly daddy's little princess anymore, but they still had that sweet father-daughter connection. But, ours developed and we became somewhat best friends which I love and cherish. Ryan..well he's still a mummy's boy. Didn't entirely grow out of it, but he's not as bad as when he was younger. He acts more like Damian as he grows older, and I'm just afraid he will end up getting into Damian's player ways...which I really, really, really don't want.

I lay back on the bed. I hear a knock on the door and I mumble a 'come in'. Ryan walks in with a sad look on his face. "I'm sorry, mum. I didn't mean to cause trouble between you and Riley. I was just mad at her." He sits down on the bed and I sit up.

"Why were you guys fighting?"

"I was mad at her."

"I know that, but why?"