Chapter Eleven

I was on my lunch break and was sitting in the lounge area eating a sandwich I had brought from home. I figured it would be much easier because then I wouldn't have to rush around to make it in time. Pete then walks in. "Flowers for the lady." More?

"They keep coming? Wow, I can't believe this," I mutter, taking the flowers from Pete.

"Do you still not know who it is?" I shook my head at him. "Odd." Since the last ten flowers and pickup lines, it had now been another two weeks. I had settled in pretty well and Pete was proud of how well I was doing. I even got my own name tag too. The flowers kept coming to me at work. Whoever this person was, they knew where I lived. Flowers got delivered to our apartment too with even more cheesy pickup lines.

Within the two weeks, Damian and I had also gotten closer. Friendly, of course. We hung out more, partially because Jake made us. Jake had noticed some tension between the two of us and decided we needed to get on with each other. We either spent time with the two of us or Jake joined us.

"Thanks for handing them to me," I tell him. He nods his head leaves the room. I finish up my lunch and then check the card on the flowers. Again, it was a pickup line. This has gone on for at least a month now and I still had no idea who it was. Jake was getting annoyed with the amount of flowers in the apartment. In all honesty, so was I. I shrug and head back down to work.

Once I finished work, I headed over to Drake's Autos where I was going to meet Damian. Jake was making us hang out. I was greeted with Freddie who was wiping his hands to get rid of some oil on them. We have the usual chat about how each of us are doing, just the usual small chat.

"Hey, I have a question for you."

"What's up?" he asks, looking at me weirdly. "You going to ask me on a date?"

"Ha, in your dreams," I giggle. "But no, are you going to dye your hair blue?"

"Why on earth would I do such a thing? Blue? Where did you get that thought in your mind?" he asks, looking at me like I had suddenly grown two heads.

"Oh, it's just Justin. He's going to dye his hair blue and Toby said he was trying to drag everyone else to do it too. I mean, I'm definitely not," I tell him. "He tried forcing Toby to do it too."

"Justin is honestly so damn weird," he said, shaking his head. "It's unbelievable hilarious."

"He sure is." After a few moments of silence, I ask him when Damian would be finished. "Jake is forcing us to hang out," I explain to him when I received an odd look from Freddie.

"I think he's- oh! There he is!" Freddie said, pointing to Damian walking out of a room.

"Yeah, yeah. See you tomorrow, Freddie." Damian and I say goodbye to Freddie and we walk to Damian's car. "So, we've really got to hang out, right?"

"We sure do. We could always say we did?" Damian laughs but continues to drive, telling me that maybe it isn't such a bad thing that we were to hang out. "Really? You actually want to?"

"I don't think it's such a bad thing. We might as well, but I need to go shower first. I probably stink so bad." I agree and tell him he does, making him glare at me. Once we get into the apartment, I sit on the couch and wait for Damian to shower and change. I was on my phone and talking to Toby. He told me that Justin has now dyed his hair and is still trying to get more people to dye their hair blue too. "Who are you texting?"

"Toby." I hear Damian grunt in reply and then he pulls me up from the couch. "What the hell?"

"We're going out, remember?" I quickly text Toby and tell him I had to go. I put my phone in my pocket and then we head out again.

"Where's Jake?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, really. He's not working today and he wasn't at home, so I have no clue. Sorry." I found it weird that Jake disappeared. He would've at least mentioned he was doing something.

"What are we going to do?"

"I'm taking you out for dinner," he says, a grin on his face. In my opinion, it sounded more like a date rather than two friends hanging out. "I'm paying." Well, I'm definitely not complaining! We arrived at a restaurant and he tells me how he already had a reservation. I suppose he's already planned this?

When we get seated, menus were placed in front of us. The waitress had then walked away, leaving us to look over the menu. "She was totally checking you out," I tell him as I look over the menu. They had some pretty good food and I was leaning towards a dish called penne bolognese bake. I haven't tried it before but it sounded really delicious, plus it was pasta and I love pasta!

"Really? I didn't notice." Did he really not notice? How could he have not? I was surprised that he wasn't actually checking her out either. Shocking. It was weird, actually. After scanning over the menu some more, the waitress came back with a huge smile on her face. I also noticed that she had unbuttoned a couple of the buttons on her shirt. Woah, desperate. Damian and I ordered our food and drinks too. She walked off with a smile and wink which was aimed at Damian. He didn't take too much notice though. Instead, he was actually looking at me. "So, what's your favourite...candy?"

"I love skittles, but I haven't had some in ages. How about yours?" He tells me he loves Haribos, any kind. He said that his favourite Haribos were tangfastics because he liked how sour they were. We then speak a bit more asking little basic things. He then asked me about my childhood and about Jake. "Jake has actually always been like this since we were younger. He's always been protective. One time he beat up a kid for pouring sand in my hair! It was crazy, if you ask me."

"He really did that? I can't believe Jake, he's quite a character." I agree and then tell him some more stories of what Jake has done when we were younger. Damian was amazed at how hotheaded Jake was but he found it hilarious. The waitress came back and handed us our food, also slipping Damian a piece of paper. Once she leaves, he opens it and then crumbles the paper in his hand. He stood up and walked towards the bin, chucking it in the bin.

"What was it?"

"Her number, I don't need it." I was bewildered. I thought he would have jumped at the opportunity, but I guess I was wrong. I decided to not reply to that and just eat my food. It was delicious. He had ordered a burger with fries and it did look good, but I wanted something different to a burger. Once we finished our dishes, the waitress came back and tried the tiniest bit to flirt with him. She kept touching him until he got angry and told her not to touch him. She retracted her hand and took out dishes. "Do you want dessert of anything?"

"Well, I saw they had a chocolate sundae but we can-"

"-if she comes back I'll order it. I might as well get something too." We waited for a little bit and the waitress did come back, asking if we needed anything else. Damian ordered for the both of us, ordering a chocolate sundae for himself too. "Their sundaes are apparently really good," he tells me. "I've never actually been here but Jake took Samantha here so I thought I'd take you here."

"Samantha as in his ex?"

"Yeah, her. So, I suppose we got to know each other really well now? Sort of?"

"I'd say so, yeah." I hated to admit but I actually liked hanging out with Damian. He was a decent guy and he didn't actually try anything on with me. I was happy he actually listened. After we finished at the restaurant, we headed back home and he decided to stick on a movie of my choice. I chose for us to watch The Lion King because you can't beat the classics!

As we were half way into the movie, Jake comes home. He says hello to the both of us and then heads off to his room without any further conversation. "That was weird," Damian mumbles. "Probably having girl problems."

"You think so?" I mean, I didn't think Jake had a girl or anything. Maybe he did but was keeping her a secret from us? Oh, who knows! I'm sure he will tell us what is bothering him or going on when he wants to tell us. I just hope he's okay though.