Chapter Twenty Three

Over a couple of weeks, I had to go to physiotherapy to help my recovering broken leg. Okay my it wasn't broken anymore. It had pretty much recovered but I learnt that I couldn't put too much pressure on it. For now, they provided me with crutches so that I was able to walk better. For at least three more weeks, I still have to go through physiotherapy. The couple of weeks after I had woken up were spent in the hospital. Along with physiotherapy, they wanted to keep me in for a long enough period to see if there were any effects that could have later developed. Thankfully, none had and I was firmly able to go home. I had to go to physiotherapy two times in a week, meaning I had six more sessions.

My parents and Damian had come to pick me up and we all went home. They decided to take me to live with them since they didn't want me living with Jake. I also found out that they had gone to Jake's apartment, no longer mine or Damian's, and packed all my things for me. I was glad they had done that since I wasn't too keen on speaking with Jake. For those two weeks that I was kept in hospital, dad had forbid Jake from visiting. I would've been hurt by it but I wasn't. I was still mad at Jake for blaming Damian. It wasn't his fault, it was mine.

Since the place that my parents offered Damian wasn't permanent, they had finally offered him a permanent place to stay. I was ecstatic as was Damian. My parents explained that I didn't have to get a job straight away meaning I didn't have to pay rent. They told Damian he didn't have to either, for now, but he insisted he would find a job and pay his way. There was one thing that we couldn't do which was sleep in the same room. Damian was currently staying in Jake's old room and I would be staying in my old room. Jake's old room was empty. It had nothing in it since everything was either with him at the apartment, at the dump or up in the attic for safe keeping.

We soon arrived at the house, Damian helping me walk to it. Dad offered to but Damian said he was fine and wanted to help. Instead, dad went and grabbed a few of my belongings that they had brought to me in the hospital. As we walked inside, my parents turned to us and my dad cleared his throat, "You both will not be sharing a room. You both won't have sex under this roof unless we're out." I almost laughed at what he said. The fact he said unless we're out cracked me up big time. I also laughed how he repeated that we will not be sharing a room. It was as if he was reminding us but aiming it more at Damian. He then turns to Damian, "As much as you insist, you really do not have to pay us rent." He then smiled at us and walked upstairs where I guessed he put my stuff in my room. Mum went straight to the kitchen to cook us up a healthy and delicious meal, grumbling to herself that the hospital really need to up their game with the food,

"You don't know how helpless I felt when you were in a coma. I didn't know what to do and I was just... I was lost without you. It's just weird how I've fallen so hard for you already and how I already think I'm falling in love with you but I couldn't stand the fact that you may not have woken up from that coma," he admitted. Again, I could see tears welling up in his eyes. He blinked away those tears and threw me a dashing smile.

"You're so cute Damian," I giggle, pinching his cheeks. He playfully glares at me and pecks my nose. "Don't worry though, you should know that I would've made my way back. I wouldn't leave you so soon especially since we haven't exactly had a proper relationship yet. I really hate how everything ended and came to this though," I mutter, thinking back to where everything started.

"What do you mean?" He seemed confused, which made me confused. How could he forget so soon?

"I just mean how Jake found out and the whole thing. You lost your best friend and I kind of lost my brother too." As much as Jake irritated me, I didn't want to lose him in the process. Unfortunately, you can't make everyone happy and sometimes your happiness comes at the expense of others. Sadly, it had to be my brother. I didn't mean to hurt him but you can't really help who you fall for and who captures your heart.