Chapter Twenty One

Kylie lay unconscious in a hospital bed. Her parents were by her side, her mother holding her hand as she cried her eyes out. "Honey, she will be okay," Kylie's father, Jason, told his wife.

"She's in a coma, Jason!" Carla, Kylie's mother, yelled out. "She's not okay," she sobbed, "our baby might never wake up." Jason pulled Carla away from Kylie and brought her into a hug. She cried onto his shoulder as he patted her back. He stared at his little girl lying unconscious. Tears pricked at his eyes but he refused to let them fall. He knew he had to be strong for his wife, for she was breaking down.

"How did we get here?" he asked with a frown. "Everything was going so well. How did she end up here?" Carla's reply was muffled as she continued to cry. Jake ran into the room, demanding to know what happened to his little sister. "Don't you dare talk to us like that, son," Jason calmly said, keeping his cool. He carried on hugging his wife as he explained to Jake what happened. "Kylie was hit by a car and well, she's now in a coma. The doctors do not know when she will wake up." Jake was taken aback. He walked up to Kyle and stood over her.

"I don't know if you can hear me, Kylie, but I am so sorry for what I said to you. I really am, I didn't mean it. I really hope you didn't mean it when you said you hated me," Jake said, taking hold of his sister's hand. Carla pulled back from the hug she received from her husband and stared at her son.

"Excuse me?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

Jake looked at her like he was a little kid again and being told off. "Mum, it's nothing."

"You say it's nothing? Hm? Why did she say she hated you, huh? Go on, tell me," she demanded.

"We were arguing and I said some things and she said some things and that's how it ended. It's honestly nothing, mum," he said, trying to convince her that nothing had happened at all.

"Nothing, Jake? You call you beating up your sister's boyfriend nothing?" Samantha said, walking into the room. "Sir, ma'am, sorry to interrupt."

"Who might you be?" Jason asked, frowning at her.

"I'm his girlfriend," she answered, pointing to Jake.

"What's this about Jake beating up Kylie's boyfriend? Wait, Kylie has a boyfriend?" Carla was beyond confused. She and Kylie always told each other everything but Kylie had never mentioned anything about a boyfriend. In fact, she and Kylie had not spoken since she moved out. It had been a few months but Carla told herself Kylie was still getting moved in and use to everything. When she received a call concerning Kylie, she didn't expect to be told her daughter had been hit by a car.

"Damian and Jake are best friends-"

"-were best friends," Jake cut in. Samantha rolls her eyes and continues the story.

"Jake had gone to see me for a week and Damian and Kylie got together within that week. It's only been a few days of them dating but Jake and I came home to find them together. All in all, Jake kicked off and beat Damian up. Damian is currently in a hospital bed from his injuries," she said, sending a glare in Jake's direction, "and I should go and tell him about Kylie. He should know."

"Hang on, her boyfriend is here too?" Jason asked and Samantha nodded her head. "He doesn't know about her?"

"No, he doesn't. Look, I don't know you guys very well because I have just met you but I can tell you Kylie will pull through. I hardly know you guys and even her but from what I can tell from speaking to her, she is a very strong person. Like I told Kylie, Damian is a strong person and will recover very well. The same thing goes for Kylie, she is a strong woman and she will make it. You all just have to have your faith in her. All she needs is for you all to be there for her and be here when she wakes up. And you," she said, looking at Jake, "she needs you too. She needs everyone around her that she cares about, even Damian. Jake, you need to make amends with Damian. If- no, when she wakes up, she will want to see all of you guys together surrounding her. You cannot dictate who she is with because if she wants to be with Damian, she can and all. All she needs is for you to be a brother to her and not a dad. She needs to be able to make her own decisions and choices, even if they're wrong, and you'll need to be there to comfort her if in the end the decision or choice is wrong. You need to be there for her and not choose her boyfriends for her. Damian, he will look after her. If he's the right guy for her? Great. If he isn't? She will pick herself up again and find another guy who she will fall in love with. You just have to give the both of them a chance."