[official] BONUS CHAPTER

[official] BONUS CHAPTER: a small insight into Damian's past — third point of view

"We apologise for any inconvenience but we do not wish to have that... child. He is too troublesome! He stole money from us and we will not tolerate anyone stealing from us," the woman spoke. She stood up in outrage, her husband having to stand up to calm her down. "I will not calm down. Never in my life have I met such a horrid child!" The woman and her husband stormed out, leaving Damian frowning.

"Oh, Damian," Karen spoke. She was the woman who sorted all the adoptions and fostering. She loved Damian to bits and even though he was a troubled child, she found the good in him. "What happened? Stealing?"

"I'm sorry, Karen," he spoke, looking down at his feet. He did have a soft spot for Karen. She was pretty much a mother to him as she had been with him ever since he was a baby. It had been about thirteen years and she was the only mother figure he knew, besides the ones who fostered him and then threw him aside. As well as him seeing her as a mother figure, to her he was like a son to her.

"Come on, shall we get you settled back in your room?" She held out her hand for him to take and even though he was quite grown up and thirteen-years-old, he took her hand and she led him to the room he had been so accustomed to for thirteen years. "You have a new roommate, okay? Try not to get into a fight, alright, Damian?" He grumbled in reply and she kissed him on the forehead.

As he was unpacking his things — for the billionth time — a boy came in and glared at him. The boy was around twelve or thirteen. "Who are you?" he asked, not very nicely.

"Damian. Who are you?" Damian gave a dirty look back, narrowing his eyes at this new boy.

"Oliver. What kind of name is Damian? Are you related to Satan or what?" Oliver laughed, making Damian angrier. "Probably why you were given up, because even Satan himself didn't want you." Damian was angry and confused. It was obvious why he was angry, Oliver was clearly winding him up. But he was confused because Oliver was making fun of him for basically being parent-less, yet Oliver was here too so he was parent-less as well. It didn't make sense to Damian. It probably wouldn't make sense to anyone else, either.

Damian stormed up to Oliver and held him by the collar of his shirt. Oliver was probably a couple of inches shorter than him — Damian had always been a tall kid for his age, though — which gave Damian some advantage. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Damian held a fist to Oliver's face but Oliver just laughed. He wasn't scared (but he should have been) and laughed in Damian's face. Oliver was stupid as he decided to aggravate Damian more.

"Aw, did I hit a soft spot? Poor little baby, are you gonna cry?" Damian concluded that Oliver was simply a bully. A bully who most likely lashed out on other people because he was lonely and upset that he was given up. But did Damian care about that? No. he pulled his fist back and punched Oliver square in the jaw. "Ow, what the–"

Before Oliver could complain or say anything, Damian had him on the ground and was punching the living daylights out of him. Oliver tried to punch back, managing to hit Damian a couple of times, but Damian overpowered him and Oliver was a dead man — in a sense. "You anger me, you get this. You deserve this, you piece of–"

"Damian!" Karen yelled out in horror. She ran up to Damian and pulled him off of Oliver who was now a bleeding mess. She has pulled Damian away but he was still trying to get out of her grasp.

"He deserved it! He's a bully!" Damian defended, pointing at Oliver who was trying to get up. Oliver was also now in tears.

"I-I didn't do a-anything! H-he just came a-at me!"

"He's lying, Karen!" As much as Karen did love Damian, she knew his reputation of getting into fights. Mostly they were at school but she knew Damian tended to flip a lot. And as much as she wanted to believe Damian, she didn't. Despite Damian not actually starting it, she didn't know that and therefore believed Oliver.