2.

Meredith Grey felt like her body was literally falling apart. Working sixteen hours at the hospital had taken it's toll on her and now all she wanted to do was curl up on the couch of her best friend and watch a movie just like they did every week. It had been a ridiculously long day turned into night. Maybe after the movie she would slide into the shower and fall asleep in the couch or on her friend's couch. When she had let herself inside of the apartment, she had fallen right into the couch and now she just needed her friend.

"What do you want to drink?" Derek called from the kitchen as he got all of their snacks together before they started the movie.

"Something that can numb my toes." Meredith groaned, pulling a navy blue and red throw pillow to her face.

"I'll grab some aspirin."

"Thank you." She mumbled into the pillow.

"Here..." He came back into the living room, handing her a glass of water and an aspirin, a bowl of popcorn in his other hand.

"You're taking too long." She pouted, taking the water and aspirin that she so desperately needed. Or at least it felt pretty desperate.

"You can start the movie." Derek laughed, sitting down next to her and putting his arms around her.

"I'm sleeping here tonight." She reminded him.

"What else is new?" Derek chuckled. She had spent almost the entire week staying at his apartment and he was more used to her being there then not.

"Nothing at all." She yawned.

"Same."

"Hmm....I've missed laying on you today." She giggled, sitting the water on the coffee table.

"Well I'm glad I can be a comfortable chair for you."

"Just slide your hands....right there." She moved his hands over her aching shoulders.

"Mer..." Derek laughed.

"What?" She tilted her head up.

"Would you like a back rub?"

"Yes." She grinned. It was that look, that one smile that made it impossible for him to say no to his best friend.

"I think I already knew that answer." He smiled starting to rub her shoulders.

"Then why did you ask?"

"I was just checking."

"Mmm....just rub." She sighed, her body relaxing against his again.

"Rubbing."

"Mmmhmm..." She dipped her head back.

"Just...tell me where."

"Same spot as always." She reminded him as she reached for the remote and hit play. This was how several of their nights typically went, when they didn't have commitments to other people.

"What are we watching?" Derek asked, rubbing her back in the same spot that always seemed to give her trouble.

"Date Night." Meredith had wanted to see the movie for a while and with work and Derek's surgeries it had always seemed to get pushed back. Now that they could rent the film, it seemed easier to watch. It was always easier for them as doctors to rent a movie and not go to the actual theatre.

"Speaking of dates..."

"You have a date." She nodded, shifting uncomfortably in his arms.