23.

Meredith was full. So completely and utterly full as her boyfriend helped her into the car after dinner. He had taken her for steak, which he had known for years was her favorite and helped her to the car. It was so weird to call him her boyfriend when he had been her best friend but she kind of liked it. She liked how he had left lavender in bed next to her this morning and promised her the best Valentine's Day she would ever know. Which was why she was so happy about dinner. He knew her so well. He had promised there was more to come but she didn't need much else. "That steak....it was mouth watering."

"I'm glad you liked it." Derek smiled over at her before starting the car. He had so much more in store for her for the eveming.

"I'm glad we didn't have to work today."

"I didn't even have to pull any strings."

"I....Derek pay attention." Meredith pointed to the road as Derek turned in the opposite direction of his apartment. "You were supposed to turn left on Klein."

"We're not going home."

"But both of our apartments are around the block." Meredith looked at him then back at the road.

"I told you there was more coming." He looked over at her.

"I know but I thought that just meant sex and a movie...at home..."

"Not quite."

"What do you mean not quite?"

"We're going somewhere else." Derek turned onto another street, further away from their apartments.

"You're heading back towards downtown."

"Just trust me."

"I trust you."

"Okay." Derek smiled, a bit of sneakiness in his face as they drove for awhile and she looked around for any clues of where they were going. It wasn't long before he pulled up in the round driveway of one of Seattle's most well known hotels.

"A hotel?"

"Come on." He laughed, as he handed the keys to the valet.

"The check in desk is going to think I am your mistress."

"It's Valentine's Day."

"I'll shut up."

"Shepherd...I have a room for two." Derek informed the older woman at the front desk.

"Alright." The woman took his card before entering some information into a computer. "Alright I have you in a king sized bed...one room with a suite overlooking the water. Will you be needing turndown service?"

"No thank you...and the other things I requested for the room?" He asked quietly.

"Ready and waiting for you."

"Thank you." Derek nodded, taking the room key from the woman and turning back to Meredith. "Ready?"

"Yeah." She breathed, following him as he led her to the elevator. His eyes were soft and sweet and even though she had no idea what was going on, she just wanted to kiss him.

"I hope you saved room for dessert." He smiled as they got onto the elevator and he pressed the button for the tenth floor.

"I always do." She breathed, pressing him into the wall of the elevator.

"Happy Valentine's Day." He whispered.

"Happy Valentine's." She grinned.

"Here we are." Derek breathed as the elevator door opened on the floor and he took her hand, leading her up to their room and opening the door.