14.

Meredith had slept amazing the night before just as she normally did, only it was so different then any other time they had spent together. They had kissed at the stroke of midnight and then proceeded to take their clothes off. She was completely naked under the blankets and he had gotten down to his boxer briefs. Still with the lack of clothing, all they had done was kiss. That was all and then they had fallen asleep.

She was confused. They didn't do stuff like this, because they were friends but this is what she had wanted. She was in love with her best friend and kissing him had maddxe her confused but she liked it. The confusing part though, was that the moment they had woken up, they had started kissing again. Their bodies were moving softly against each other as it happened. "Morning..."

"Mmm...morning."

"My nose is cold." She groaned, his lips moving down her neck.

"Hmm?"

"My nose is cold." She repeated.

"Here..." He whispered, kissing the tip of her nose.

"Much better." She giggled weakly, gently stroking his sides with the tip of her finger nails as she felt something poke against her waist.

:"Good morning."

"It is isn't it?" She giggled, moving her hand between them to feel. "Oh that's your..."

"Sorry." Derek laughed.

"Don't be." She kissed him quickly. He had a hard-on and it felt amazing against her.

"Mmm..." Derek smiled against her lips.

"We can do something about that..." She whispered.

"Oh..."

"Or not..." She said quickly. She had gone too far and they weren't even sure what was happening except kissing and it was new years and maybe they were just lonely and this would end once he got out of bed.

"Hey..." Derek breathed, kissing her again.

'Hmm?" She moaned.

"Oh my god..." Lexie opened the bedroom door and walked in as Derek quickly rolled off of Meredith.

"Lexie." Meredith breathed, looking up to find her sister's eyes closed and her shoulders dropped. It had taken a moment to sink in but Lexie's 'oh my god' had been quiet and dry. Her sister looked sick as she turned and gently hit her head against the wall. "I...can I help you? Are you dying?"

"Hung...over." Lexie groaned.

"Okay." Meredith breathed, realizing her sister was not paying attention to her and Derek at all.

"My head is pounding and...turn off the light."

"The light is off." Meredith giggled.

"I'm going to make...french pancakes."

"Do you want Derek and I to help?"

"No...Mark will...oh hell." Lexie groaned, leaving the bedroom as quickly as she had come in.

"Um..." Meredith bit her lip as the door closed.

"We should help her."

"I don't think she realized that we're both undressed....she's used to you being in my bed so..."

"Her eyes were closed the entire time."

"She must have been a mess." Meredith giggled, pushing the covers away from her body.