24.

When Meredith Grey had arrived at work this morning, she was instantly whisked away from Derek by Cristina. It was something about Dr. Leonard arriving from UCLA and the Chief telling Cristina that Meredith needed to be ready to meet Dr. Leonard and ready to build herself up. She wasn't sure what to think of this whole experience. Dr. Leonard was weird in a nerdy, forty year old virgin way but he was also badass. He was telling her stories of how his team pulled off risk taking surgeries. It was amazing. It really was and he wasn't such a bad guy. "Wow....it sounds like you're really trying to make strides forward Dr. Leonard."

"I do my best." Dr. Leonard laughed, sitting his coffee cup down on the table as he sat across from Meredith. "But enough about me. I'm here for you."

"Oh um....I'm just a resident."

"A very promising resident."

"So what do you want to know?"

"It must have been very...interesting to grow up with Ellis Grey."

"Oh." Meredith breathed, before smiling weakly. "She was an amazing surgeon."

"She definitely was. And it appears she's passed those skills onto you. I've looked at the surgeries you've been a part of. Not many surgeons your age can boast that kind of record."

"Thank you."

"We would love to have a surgeon like you at UCLA."

"I haven't put much thought into it Dr. Leonard." Meredith breathed.

"What would it take to lure you away from here?"

"I'm sorry...." Meredith shook her head.

"Dr. Grey..." Derek smiled, walking up to the table, holding his own cup of coffee in his hands.

"Dr Shepherd?" Meredith looked up at her boyfriend strangely.

"Dr. Shepherd...so nice to see you again." Dr. Leonard pointed to a chair.

"You too Dr. Leonard." Derek nodded, taking a seat.

"We were just discussing Dr. Grey's promising career."

"Hmm...well she's a very talented doctor."

"I feel like I'm a trading card." Meredith mumbled under her breath.

"It runs in her blood." Dr. Leonard replied.

"I'm sure she would be just as talented of a surgeon even..." Derek began.

"Your mother won the Harper-Avery Award twice." Dr. Leonard said in an inspiring voice.

"She did." Meredith nodded.

"Dr. Grey assisted me this past week on a surgery that most residents would not even be asked to be a part of." Derek replied, some annoyance coming through in his voice.

"I went to Dartmouth." Meredith said quickly, pointing to her file.

"I saw that." Dr. Leonard nodded. "Well since it appears I'm not going to tear you away from here just yet, how does a visit to LA sound? I'm sure we could get you a surgery or two while you're there."

"That sounds...great actually." Meredith smiled, avoiding eye contact with Derek as she agreed.

"You would be welcomed with open arms."

"Great."

"I can't wait to tell my attendings that Ellis Grey's daughter is going to be visiting." Dr. Leonard smiled.