21.

Derek Shepherd had an amazing family. That was something he knew for a fact. He didn't always get a long with all of his sisters and of course they missed their father but he had a great family. But it was only now that Derek realized what their family had needed. Meredith. Meredith had somehow managed to bring their family closer and as he watched her sitting on the couch with his sister, he knew this was where she belonged. Aside from Lexie, she had no family to fall back on and Derek was glad that she had his family to count on and that she felt comfortable with them.

"Excuse me..." Derek smiled, walking over to the sofa and sitting on the edge where Meredith was.

"One second." Meredith held her finger up as Nancy and Sarah told her a story of someone they had run into in the grocery store.

"Mer..."

"Derek...don't you care at all that she is talking with us?" Nancy asked as she held her red wine close to her.

"I do care...Can I take her now?" He smiled.

"Derek..." Meredith shook her head.

"Are you serious Derek?" Sarah groaned as Lexie poured more wine.

"Yes."

"I guess I'll be right back." Meredith rolled her eyes. Derek grasped her small hand in his.

"Thank you." Derek smiled victoriously.

"Yeah...yeah..." Meredith stood, taking his hand.

"Come on..." He laughed, leading her out of the living room.

"I was enjoying the company of your sisters you know. They're my friends too."

"I missed you." He pulled her to him as they got away from everybody else and kissed her.

"I've been right here the whole time." She gasped against his lips.

"Let's go upstairs..." Derek breathed.

"But Derek it's family dinner and your Mom is cooking and..."

"Dinner won't be ready for awhile."

"So?" Meredith looked around as he pressed quick kisses along her jawline. His family didn't know about their change in relationship and they didn't need to find out by walking in on them.

"Just come upstairs with me."

"Quickly." Meredith pointed.

"Let's go." Derek grinned.

"Fine." Meredith giggled.

"We just have to be quiet." He laughed as they ran up the stairs like teenagers.

"We're not just going to talk or whatever?" She said breathlessly as she ran down the hallway.

"No."

"Alright then."

"Here..." Derek laughed, pulling her into his old bedroom, kissing her as he kicked the door shut.

"Mmm...hello." She giggled.

"Hi..." He grinned against her lips.

"We had sex three times just before we got here..."

"That sounds like a complaint."

"No...not a complaint."

"Okay." Derek smiled, kissing her hard.

"Your niece is napping in the next room."

"She's a heavy sleeper."

"So you're not concerned about waking her up?" She asked, her hands moving to the buttons of his shirt.