7.

Derek was pretty sure things were changing. He didn't know what but he was pretty sure things were changing. Each night as they laid in bed together he felt different, happy but different and he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was. They had been best friends since college and it had never occurred to him that there could be anything more than a friendship until now. But right now as they sat at the bar with their friends, he wanted to pretend like everything was the same until he could figure out what it was that was changing.

"Would you just order your own?" Derek laughed as she reached over him and grabbed his beer, finishing off the last bit that was in the glass.

"You didn't order me one."

"Fine..." He laughed, motioning to the bar tender. "Another beer please!"

"Two!" She called after Derek, before sitting back down, her arm laced with his.

"Are you coming home with me tonight?" He whispered.

"I don't know." Meredith breathed, looking around the bar. "Do you want me to come home with you?"

"I..yeah."

"Okay." She smiled as the bartender sat two beers in front of them.

"Unless you don't want to."

"I do."

"Okay."

"I need sleep." She giggled.

"You kicked me all night last night."

"I did not." She frowned.

"Yes you did."

"Then I won't come tonight." She sighed as Lexie walked into the bar.

"I want you to come."

"If I kick you then I..."

"I'll deal with it." He laughed.

"Hey guys!" Lexie walked in and tossed her stuff on the bar as Mark followed her. She was bouncier than normal as she sat next to her sister on a stool. "What's up?"

"Nothing." Derek answered quickly.

"So I have an idea...I already told Mark. Right Mark?" Lexie laughed. She had run into Mark in the parking lot.

"Yeah...sure." Mark answered, trying to get the bartenders attention.

"I'm going to throw a New Years party at my apartment clubhouse!" Lexie clapped. "We'll all get dressed up and bring dishes and dance...it will be so much fun!"

"That sounds great." Derek smiled, turning right back to Meredith.

"And you can bring dates." Lexie added.

"I know who I'm bringing." Mark answered. "Margaret...Maggie...Michelle...oh hell. I don't know her name."

"Impressive." Meredith rolled her eyes.

"What's wrong with you two?" Lexie asked.

"He said I kick him in bed." Meredith jokingly smacked Derek's shoulder before pressing a kiss to his shoulder.

"Kinky." Mark laughed.

"It's not kinky." Meredith blushed.

"Don't listen to him." Derek rolled his eyes.

"So, sound good to everyone? A New Years party?" Lexie giggled.

"Sure." Derek nodded.

"You guys could be each other's dates." Lexie pointed to Meredith and Derek.