3.

Derek Shepherd had been on horrible dates. There are had been women who whined and women who talked all about their ex boyfriends and ones who just acted like they were only on a date with him because of his job. None of those things described his date with Rose, the nurse from the pediatric department at the hospital but he still wasn't planning on going out with her again. They had eaten a nice dinner and taken a walk outside the restaurant in the cool night air before he had driven her home. It had been a nice night but there was no spark and now he wanted to go home and call Meredith.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Derek groaned, opening the door to his apartment and seeing Mark sitting at the kitchen table, a plate of food and a beer in front of him just like they were still college roommates.

"What the hell kind of greeting is that?"

"You're sitting in my house, eating my food."

"Meredith does it." Mark shrugged, sipping at the beer before standing up.

"You still haven't answered my question." Derek rolled his eyes, closing the door and tossing his coat to the side.

"I got bored."

"Oh...okay. That explains it."

'I'm surprised Grey hasn't called yet."

"I told her I'd call her when I got home."

"Just marry her." Mark rolled his eyes.

"Thanks for the advice." Derek went to the fridge and grabbed a beer for himself.

"Or just go through life having never fucked her." Mark chuckled. "In some cultures that's normal."

"Mark...seriously?" Derek groaned.

"What?" His friend laughed.

"Just shut up."

"Everyone says it...Mom wants you to be with her..."

"We're just friends."

"Don't get Sarah or Kathleen started on Meredith...." Mark laughed as he mentioned two of Derek's sisters. "They are still figuring out how to get Meredith into this family."

"She's already part of the family."

"Have you even banged her once?"

"I'm not answering that." Derek rolled his eyes, sitting down at the table and pulling out his phone, sending Meredith a quick text message.

"Sleeping together every night isn't normal...especially if there isn't any rustling of the sheets."

"What do you know about normal?"

"What's normal about you?"

"I haven't been accused of sexual harassment by half of the nurses in the hospital."

"You've seen her naked right?" Mark asked.

"Not answering."

"You have!" Mark clapped his hands together. "Was she hot?"

"You need help." Derek shook his head as he sent another text.

"It's guy talk...just tell me..."

"No."

"You played 'just the tip', didn't you?"

"You're disgusting."

"This is why you have to fill me in."

"I just came home from a date and you want to know if I've seen my best friend naked."