22.

Derek Shepherd was a man in love. Meredith was perfect and there wasn't another single that he wanted or needed as long as he had her. As silly as it sounded, everything seemed brighter and better with her around and he never wanted that to go away. She had gotten pulled away to help Dr. Hunt on a case and he was left looking over the files for a patient he was going to see in a few minutes when he saw Lexie and Cristina walking towards the nurses station. "Yang...Dr. Grey...are you two already assigned to a case?" Derek asked. It was the perfect opportunity for him.

"We just got done cleaning up vomit and performing a rectal exam on a man who swallowed a lego." Cristina groaned. "A grown man."

"Find anything?"

"Nada." Lexie answered, leaning against the counter of the nurse's station.

"Then it's your lucky day." Derek smiled.

"What do we get?" Cristina sighed, acting incredibly relaxed.

"Forty two year old man...had a seizure and hit his head. He's in CT right now."

"Score!" Lexie clapped as Derek and Cristina looked at her strangely. "I mean...poor guy."

"I was just going down to see his scans." Derek closed the chart. "You two in?"

"Of course we're in." Cristina stood, following Derek. "Come on Lexipedia."

"Have either of you seen Meredith?" He asked

"Yeah." Lexie bounced as she walked. "She asked to be on Ped's after Dr. Hunt's patient died. Something about your niece giving her silly bands and thinking kids were bright and shiny."

"She's great with kids." Derek laughed.

"She's wearing rubber bands around her wrist...and they're bright." Cristina handed Lexie the chart.

"I know. She won't take them off." He pushed the button for the elevator. "It's cute."

"Oh did she get the ones shaped like animals....Lydia gave me the ones shaped like fish." Lexie giggled, speaking of his niece. "I swear if Mer got the horse I will..."

"Lexie...shut up." Cristina groaned.

"You need a silly band....but if you had a silly band it would be boring and round...it would be khaki colored...it would just be a lame old...rubber band." Lexie glared as they stepped into the elevator.

"I'm wearing a stupid rubber band around my wrist."

"You need to lighten up Yang." Derek chuckled.

"I feel like I'm riding in an elevator with preschoolers." Cristina groaned as the elevator doors closed.

"Hey..." Derek changed the subject as the elevator chimed as it rose floor by floor. "Has Meredith mentioned anything about letters...or transfers?"

"Letters?" Lexie frowned. "Oh you mean other hospitals?"

"You're not the only one who wants her McDreamy."

"She doesn't talk about the letters that much." Lexie shrugged.

"She got one from some hospital in Texas last week." Cristina added.

"Oh..." Derek breathed as the elevator doors opened.

"She won't go though." Lexie smiled.

"You think so?" He asked.

"You're not there." Lexie shrugged.

"Does she um...does she talk about me?" Derek asked, laughing slightly.