20.

Derek's shift had been amazing. Well it had started out pretty boring, he had a few consults in the pit and just when he thought things were going to be that way for the entire shift, a patient came in needing an emergency craniotomy and now he was on a surgery high. He had saved the man's life and now he got to go home to Meredith. He had gotten a text message from her in the middle of surgery and now he was going to go see her and spend the night with her. He didn't want to think about how things had been weird, he just wanted to be with her and be happy.

"Hey." Meredith said as she opened the door, her curly hair falling over her shoulders. She looked amazing with her hair down, flowing against her small body.

"Hey." Derek smiled, leaning in and kissing her quickly, something he had been wanting to do all day. "Mmm...hi."

"Hi." She kissed him back softly.

"How are you?" He smiled, his hand immediately going to her waist.

"I'm alright...just getting ready for bed." Meredith looked down at her lounge pants and tight tshirt. His fingers were already caressing the waistband and she knew she needed to say something. She needed to say anything so that they could talk like Lexie said.

"I brought you a piece of cake."

"Cake?"

"Hospital cake...but cake."

"Why did you bring me cake?" She asked, looking down at the container in his hand.

"To celebrate." Derek smiled, walking into the apartment."

"Celebrate?" She followed him. She had no idea why he needed to celebrate with cake .

"Mmmhmm."

"What are we celebrating?" She asked, remembering that she needed to get to the point like Lexie had suggested.

"Everything." Derek put the cake down, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her.

"Oh...." She kissed him back, but immediately pulled away.

"Mmm..."

"So um...what are you doing?" She asked as he reached for a fork. He stood over her dresser, making sure to get the perfect amount of each flavor onto the fork.

"We're going to eat cake."

"One bite."

"Here..." Derek dipped into the cake with the fork, holding it up to her mouth.

"Mmm...thanks." Meredith smiled before taking a bite. She needed to tell him that they needed to talk but he was so damn good at distracting her. He could do anything to take her mind off of whatever she was thinking about before.

"Come here..." Derek whispered, pulling her over to the bed with him.

"Okay." Meredith looked back to the cake he had sat down on the dresser.

"Hmm..." He breathed, running his fingers through her hair before starting to kiss her neck.

"I...oh you're horny."

"Yeah..."

"Good surgery?" She asked, her hands sliding down this side to push his arms away.

"Very good." He leaned in again.

"I um...we should stop before I can't stop..." Meredith whispered.

"What?"

"We should stop." She whispered.

"What's wrong?"