12.

Lexie was annoying. She was a truly annoying girly girl who loved shopping and Meredith wasn't sure why her sister was excited to find a dress. Meredith wasn't excited. She wasn't even sure Derek would still want to go with her. It wasn't a date it was just them going together and now she wasn't sure. He had kissed her and then they had both been weird. Everything was weird and so was shopping with her younger sister. "Lexie...what the hell? That has feathers and it's...weird. Just weird."

"You have to take a chance...it's good for New Year's. At least try it on."

"There are feathers Lexie!"

"What's so wrong with feathers? They're...festive!"

"If I try this on..." Meredith held up the black dress with a feather skirt.

"You might even like it."

"Doubtful." Meredith hung the dress over her arm as she looked at the next rack. She ran her hands over the fancy dresses, wondering what the point even was.

"I thought you were excited about the party." Lexie picked up a dress and looked at it before hanging it back up.

"I....I am." Meredith picked up a red halter dress.

"Real convincing Mer."

"I am." Meredith replied.

"You could at least pretend."

"Lexie...I am excited to go to your party...or else I wouldn't go." Meredith signed.

"I wanted the guys to wear tuxedos but you said Derek won't and I know Mark won't." Lexie sighed.

"Of course you did." Meredith rolled her eyes.

"It's New Years."

"Derek doesn't need a tux...if I asked him he would wear one but that's...it's silly." Meredith shrugged.

"He would do anything you asked him." Lexie smiled.

"That's not true." Meredith ran her fingers over the necklace he had gotten her for Christmas. Lexie had screamed on Christmas when she had seen it.

"Whatever." Her sister laughed.

"I'm right."

"We'll see."

"You act like he's whipped." Meredith stated as she tossed a royal blue strapless dress over her arm.

"You said it. Not me." Lexie smiled.

"He's not." Meredith handed Lexie a coral dress.

"Oh...This is pretty."

"Seems...very you." Meredith breathed.

"I already have one. We need to find one for you."

"Can I just wear my boots with my dress?"

"No." Lexie rolled her eyes.

"I have to wear heels?" Meredith frowned.

"It's a cocktail party!"

"Just asking Lex." Meredith sighed. This store was for people who shopped and knew fashion and while Meredith didn't think she was a bad dresser...this wasn't her type of place. She had always gone shopping with Lexie and let her sister pick things out. She had never paid close attention.

"Are you ready to go to the dressing room?"

"Well seeing as we both have a stack of dresses for me to try on...yes." Meredith rolled her eyes as they made their way to a dressing room.