16.

"Do you want a beer?" Derek asked as she stood in front of his open fridge. Mark was over to watch the game on TV while Meredith and Lexie were at work and all Derek wanted to do was sit and watch the game and not think about what was happening. He and Meredith had been together before Mark had gotten there and if he had come ten minutes later he probably would have walked in on them.

"A beer would have been nice ten minutes ago so...yes." Mark replied as he leaned forward to watch a pass in the game they were watching.

"Your such a nice guest." Derek rolled his eyes, handing Mark his beer as he sat down next to him and opened his own.

"Your place is a mess."

"Sorry Mr. Clean."

"Grey doesn't clean?"

"She's not a maid...she's...nevermind."

"Oh come on Ingram!" Mark groaned at the television, getting mad at the game. "What the hell?"

"He should have caught that." Derek sighed, leaning back into the couch.

"There is no excuse!" Mark shook his head.

"Uh huh."

"What's your deal?" Mark asked.

"Nothing...I'm fine." Derek answered quickly.

"You keep walking around like someone stole your teddy bear. We're watching football!" Mark sighed as he looked back at the game. Derek looked like he needed to talk but he wasn't going to force his friend who eventually spilled his feelings like some kind of chick.

"I'm tired." Derek lied, taking a drink from his beer.

"Okay."

"And Meredith..."

"Here we go." Mark nodded, pausing the television.

"We...I don't know." Derek sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"You're going to have to be more clear." Mark sighed, hoping that it was worth pausing the game for.

"Hooked up?"

"You hooked up? With Grey?"

"Yeah."

"Am I supposed to be surprised?" Mark chuckled, sitting back into his seat.

"What?"

"You have wanted to bang Grey since the day you met her."

"We didn't...bang."

"You didn't bang Grey?"

"No."

"So what's the big deal?"

"We...I'm not going into detail." Derek groaned.

"No I want to know why it's such a big deal? She's hot."

"We're friends."

"If you're friends then what is the issue with hooking up?" Mark asked.

"I'm not you."

"And you didn't bang her like a ketchup bottle but you still hooked up with her." Mark laughed.

"We...she..."

"What?" Mark sipped at his beer, looking down at his phone.

"A ketchup bottle?" Derek looked over at Mark. "Seriously?"