5.

Being at the hospital is what Derek Shepherd loved. It was what he had dreamed of his entire life and he especially loved it when he got to work with Meredith. They were keeping an eye on a young woman who had been admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with an aneurysm and she was under observation until they could determine if surgery was necessary. He was holding a cup of coffee for himself and Meredith while he looked over the report on their patient from the night before.

"You left without me." He heard a soft voice and then a hand on his back.

"I wanted to let you sleep."

"So very kind of you to let your assigned Resident sleep."

"I thought it was nice." He handed her the cup of coffee. "Two sugars no cream."

"Oh...how very kind." Her eyes lit up, taking the cup and leaning into him.

"You're welcome."

"You um....if you don't have another date tonight I was thinking..."

"Yes?"

"Pretty Woman tonight?"

"I have a date."

"Oh."

"Kidding. I just don't want to watch that."

"I....fine don't watch it with me." Meredith shrugged, walking away.

"I thought we could go out to eat instead." He went after her.

"We never go out."

"I have no food in the house."

"Well....we can go out then." Meredith sighed as they walked down the hallway.

"Drink your coffee." Derek pointed.

"I should sleep at might place...make you appreciate me more." Meredith teased.

"You know I appreciate you." He laughed. "And I know you can't sleep without me."

"I could sleep without you if I had to."

"I dare you."

"You dare me?"

"I dare you." Derek nodded.

"I spend the night without you all the time..."

"Name the last time we spent the night apart." Derek asked as they walked down the hall.

"When I'm working late....or you're working late..."

"Voluntarily."

"I can sleep just fine without you."

"Prove it."

"How do you want me to prove it? Are you twelve or something?"

"Sleep by yourself."

"I can sleep by myself Jerk." She giggled as they stopped outside of the patient's room.

"We'll see." Derek smiled, opening the door for her to go in.

"Hi Felicity." Meredith walked in, sliding a chart onto the side of the bed. "How are this early morning?"

"Tired. You all wake me up so early." The young girl laughed, sitting up in the uncomfortable hospital bed.

"Blame Dr. Shepherd." Meredith winked at Derek.

"He can get away with anything with that hair." Felicity laughed.