19.

Derek was at work and he was currently in surgery which meant there would be not texts from him and no calls. Sadly, it was only a relief to Meredith that she had this time to not feel completely overwhelmed by everything going on. Not that she wanted the sex or the kissing to stop. She really liked him and she loved the sex because in an embarrassing girly way, she liked feeling close to him. She loved feeling close to Derek and physically it was amazing. Still though, it was making her sick to think that sometimes they were snapping and other times they were just weird. Unless they were making out or having sex, they were not Meredith and Derek. They were two people in a weird limbo of sorts. So she would spend the night with her sister, eating pizza and pretending things were normal.

"Lex...will you bring my diet coke in here?" Meredith asked as her sister stood in the kitchen. They were relaxing and it was probably good that she and Derek spend some time apart so she would enjoy it.

"Got it!" Lexie called, carrying Meredith's drink and her own plate into the living room, handing her the can of soda.

"Thanks."

"Derek working tonight?"

"Yeah." Meredith said quickly, tossing her phone back on the couch. If he wasn't going to be available to text her then there was no reason for her phone to be right at her side. Cristina was on duty, Alex was too and so keeping her phone with her didn't matter right now.

"What's going on with you two?" Lexie asked, taking a bite of her pizza.

"Nothing." Meredith shrugged. Her sister always asked about Derek and she honestly wasn't sure why. She also wasn't sure why it was so interesting to her.

"That's no fun."

"Not supposed to be fun."

"Well I thought there'd be some news...I've barely seen you." Lexie shrugged, grabbing the TV remote.

"I've seen you."

"For five minutes...tops."

"I've just been staying with Derek more. That's all." She shrugged.

"Alright." Lexie smirked.

"What?" Meredith groaned, reaching for the salad dressing.

"Nothing."

"Then don't smirk like you're thinking something..."

"I'm not thinking anything."

"You're not?"

"No." Lexie lied, taking a sip of her soda before looking back at her sister again.

"Okay." Meredith took a bite of her pizza and looked back at her phone. She wasn't going to check it when she knew he wouldn't have called. He wouldn't have texted becuase he was busy.

"Fine I'm thinking something."

"Oh Geeze." Meredith rolled her eyes.

"I'm thinking there's something you haven't told me and I haven't been your sister for that long but I know you...and there's something you're not telling me."

"There is nothing I am not telling you Lex."

"I'll just ask Mark."

"Mark doesn't know anything." Meredith shook her head, before taking another bite. She wiped the corners of her mouth and looked up. "Mark is an idiot."

"He's my boyfriend." Lexie replied.

"He's what..." Meredith dropped her pizza back onto the plate.