28.

It was the morning of Meredith's trip to UCLA and Derek was nervous. Obviously more nervous than Meredith because she had gotten up before him, showered and was now sitting in one of the plush chairs in the hotel room, studying a packet that Dr. Leonard had mailed to her to read before her visit. But Derek didn't care about that. He was nervous and right now, he wanted his girlfriend. She had more than an hour before she had to be at the hospital and Derek was determined to make good use of that hour and hopefully keep her calm until she had to go.

"I think you've studied enough." Derek walked up behind the chair, pushing her hair to the side and starting to kiss her neck.

"Derek...I'm busy."

"Take a break..."

"I can't." She bit the end of her pen as she stared at the pages. "I have to brush up and then get dressed."

"Don't bother." Derek whispered, running his hands over her shoulders

"Derek...." She shrugged away.

"They should be studying up on you." He took the papers from her hand.

"I don't quite think it works that way." Meredith giggled.

"Well it should." He tossed the papers to the side, leaning over and kissing her.

"Mmm....Derek." She clutched his face, before turning and giving up her cheek. "Those...I need those."

"Nope." He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I...do." Meredith kissed him again, looking over at the balcony of the hotel.

"Mmm..."

"I should get dressed."

"Undressed." He breathed.

"No..." She shook her head before kissing him quickly. "I showered last night...I just have to get ready..."

"You have time...We have time." He smiled against her lips, sliding his hands underneath her shirt.

"Hands to yourself." She pushed his hands away before walking towards the bathroom.

"Meredith..." Derek groaned.

"What?" She stepped over the sink, reaching for her rubber band to pull her hair back.

"I want you." He whispered, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"Should I wear the navy skirt or the black pants?"

"Mmm...skirt."

"Cristina says they won't take me seriously in a skirt....Lexie said she liked the skirt better..."

"Skirt." He ran his hands down her sides as he kissed her neck.

"Will you grab it for me?" She asked, reaching into her small bag to reach for her face wash.

"If I can take it off you."

"No."

"Mer..." Derek laughed. She still had time before she had to go and he just wanted his girlfriend.

"Can you grab me a wash cloth?" She asked as she leaned over to splash water over her face.

"Here."

"Thank you." She straightened up, her eyes closed as she took the towel.

"You're welcome." He smiled, sliding between her and the mirror, putting his arms around her waist again.