Lunch with the jackass

Siyeon's POV

I walked out of SuA's office smirking to myself. I never needed a date at all for the event. I could have easily gone myself. My dad didn't tell me to ask her, he suggested. As I said I always get what I want.

I decided to stop by and visit my dad before I left grabbing us both a coffee on the way.

"Hey dad you busy or you got time for a coffee?" I asked as I entered his office

"I have some time, come in. In need of  coffee, its only thirty minutes into the workday and it is already hectic." He laughed

"Can I help?" I asked

"No, thank you though." He smiled

My dad and I have a very close relationship. We always have. He has done so much for me.

I headed over taking a seat at the opposite of the desk from him, handing him his coffee. He smiled thankfully, taking a long gulp and letting cut a sigh of relief, making me laugh. The man loves his coffee.

"SuA said yes," I said taking a sip of my coffee

"She did? Well, that is good Siyeon. Please tell me you are not planning on doing what you usually do? She is the kind of the girl you could actually probably date." He said.

Do what I usually do?
Ha, yeah only if my father knew exactly what I have already done with her.

He is always trying to get me to find a nice girl and settle down but that isn't me. I am not ready for all that.

"Dad I don't like dating, you know that I will settle down when I am ready. I know she is a nice girl but still it doesn't mean I wanna actually date her. She is only my date for the event nothing more." I said

My dad has never understood why I do what I do. He doesn't understand really. He has been with my mum since they were sixteen, married by eighteen and had me when they were twenty and now they are both fifty-five and still together. They will be celebrating their forty-year anniversary at the end of the month of them getting together. They married exactly two years after they started dating, on the same date they started dating. It is why they wonder I don't wanna settle down if my whole life they have shown me how great love is. I don't understand it myself but it just isn't me.

"I can't wait for the day a woman comes into your life Siyeon and changes everything. You will not see it coming at all" He laughed

"Yeah, yeah if you Insist." I laughed, brushing him off

My mum was just as bad. She has tried setting me up many of times but in the end, just end up having sex with the woman she sets me up with and we head our separate ways which annay my mum but she is used to it by now. She eventually stopped to try set me up cause she knows how it would end. will settle down when I am ready, not before it.

"What are your plans for the rest of the day?" he asked

"Not a lot to be honest. I am gonna see if maybe SuA will join me for lunch if she isn't too busy." I said smiling

"Oh right. I thought you don't date? That sounds like a lunch date to me?" he smirked

"It is lunch...not a lunch date. I don't think she is interested in me that way. She just got out of a long term relationship that never ended too well for her. She isn't ready to date." I said

"Yes she did mention something about it," he said

I stayed with my dad for a while, helping out how I could. My dad still trying to convince that SuA would be a good choice of a woman for me to date.