TV SHOW REVIEW 2

So now we will do the review of Mahakali and Devo ke dev Mahadev.

> MAHAKALI : ANNT HI AARAMBH HAI

1) Casting - 7/10

Pooja Sharma was an excellent choice for Mahakali. And Sourabh Raj jain played an Okay Mahadev. Kanan malhotra played a good Narayan.

2) Acting - 8/10

There is no comment in the acting of Pooja Sharma, its down right amazing.

Sourabh Raj jain is a great actor but the way he played Mahadev was not the best. He was just too stiff, emotionless but never the less better than Tarun khanna.

3) Costumes - 9/10

The costumes were amazing, I have never even imagine Mahakali to look so gorgeous and fearsome at the same time.

The other looks such as of Devi Durga, Devi Kamakhya and Devi Baglamukhi were incredibly beautiful. And the look of Sati was so ethereal.

4) Theme - 9/10

The theme of the show was women empowerment through the stories of Mata Parvati. Which was something new and not done before.

But sometimes I felt that they went too overboard with the feminism stand, like showing feminisim where it was not needed.

Because gods never considered women as inferior, but it was shown during the first few episodes.

5) Accuracy - 7/10

One of thing I felt was not accurate is that Mata Parvati would become Mahakali anytime, which shouldn't be as the coming of Mahakali signifies the end of civilization.

But again the show was based on Mahakali so it kind of works.

6) Music score - 9/10

The music was incredible, the lyrics were also bomb. The theme of Mahakali was fantastic, taking it straight from Bengali traditions was a clever move.

MY VIEWS -

The show had incredible costumes but not so good VFX and was not filmed properly.

The show had a lot of potential, and the starting episode where Mata Parvati runs to Duru, becomes Mahakali and cuts him into half gave goosebumps when I first saw it.

Whenever I watch Mahakali, I make sure to watch that scene because so good it was.

> DEVO KE DEV MAHADEV

1) Casting - 1000/10

Mohit Raina was and will be the best Mahadev in my opinion, and whenever I imagine Mata Parvati, the face of Sonarika bhadoria pops in my brain.

And Sourabh Raj jain was and will be the best choice for Narayan, like I cannot imagine anyone besides him.

The rest of the cast was also incredible.

2) Acting - 10/10

All the actors were amazing in this serial.

My standards for actors playing Mahadev will always be high because of Mohit Raina.

Unlike SRJ, he was not stiff, nor emotionless, he was relaxed and always had a divine smile on this face.

He took the factor of Bholenath so well, but again he was never acted like inferior, restless and clueless like Tarun khanna.

Even playing the Bholenath, there was a feeling of 'Apunich Bhagwan hai' in his acting.

The character of Mahadev is so contradictory, but Mohit Raina played it well.

Sonarika Bhadoria was absolutely amazing as Mata Parvati. And I have no words for Sourabh Raj jain as Narayan.

3) Costumes - 9/10

The costume of Mahadev was just amazing, a lot better than nowadays where Mahadev wear a dhoti under the tiger skin, I don't know why but it bugs me for some reason.

The costume of Mata Parvati was nice, considering the time this serial was aired (2011) it was good.

But one thing is that the costume of Narayan and Brahmadev was same (how many of you noticed ?)

The costumes of Gans, Rishis and all were also on point.

4) Theme - 8/10

The theme of this show was about Mahadev and Adi-shakti. Although there have been many serials like this before, this show executed it perfectly.

5) Accuracy - 9/10

As it is a mythology show based on puran, we cannot say what is accurate and what is not.

But one thing they showed very accurately is the friendship of Narayan and Mahadev. And the best part is that they didn't show any one of them to be inferior.

6) Music score - 10/10

The music in this show was incredible, I always get nostalgic listening to it as it takes me back to the good old days of 2011 where this show would come at 8:00 pm.

My personal favourite is the theme of Mahadev, Karpur Gauram, Shankar shiv bhole, Vishweshwaraya one. Ugh ! All of them are my favorite !!

MY VIEWS -

I feel like this show was an achievement of Swastik productions.

Because of this show I got closer to Mahadev and Mata Parvati, I really felt connected to Mahadev because of this show.

But this show declined after Sonarika Bhadoria left and from then it started detoriating.

Nevertheless this show has a special place in my heart.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MYTHOLOGY SERIAL ?