STRUGGLES OF KARN AND ARJUN

Lets talk.....

Warning : Your heads might flip with sudden realizations.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

Let's me tell you why Arjun was the one who struggled more than Karn.

My Qualifications : Has read BORI CE, Keeps neutral perspective, has a rational mind which can think rationally.

So Karn was abandoned by Kunti when he was born and was adopted by Adirath. Here comes the first realization.

Adirath was the sarthi of Mahamahim Bhism ! So although Karn was raised as a Sut, he was not poor.

It would've been a tragedy if a divine prince like Karn was abandoned and was raised by poor people but no Adirath was rich.

Adirath could have been one of the most wealthy citizens of Hastinapoor because he was the charioteer of Bhism, the Senapati of Kurus, Adirath would have been the foremost charioteer and being a Sarthi of a royal was an incredibly paying job.

On the other side, Arjun despite was being raised in the forest, where one has to hunt daily to obtain food, and if you failed to hunt then darling you will sleep empty stomach.

Because fruits and leaves cannot fulfill their stomach keeping in mind they were Kshatriyas who needed to hunt to have a proper meal.

Now Karn although was abandoned by Kunti, got love of both the parents. Radha maa and Adirath loved him dearly.

But Arjun lost his father Pandu and second mother Madri at a very young and tender age of 6-7 years.

Now lets move to their education -

Dronacharya never refused to teach Karn, Suryaputra was a student of Guru Dron.

In those times, Caste system was not rigid but very flexible. If a Sut obtains knowledge of Vedas, he could be raised to the position of a Brahmin (Shudra Brahmin they were called) and if a Brahmin engaged into unrighteous practices he would be lowered to that of a sut or removed from the Varna system (He would become Avarn).

So in Gurukul, Karn was always jealous of Arjun because despite being years younger than him, Dhananjay was far better at learning archery. And from there the friendship between Karn and Kauravas start.

One day Guru Dron gave the test to obtain Brahmastra, to Arjun, Ashwathama and Karn.

Arjun passed it in one go, Ashwathama failed but was given another chance. Karn too failed but wasn't given another chance.

Because being the excellent teacher he is, Guru Dron came to know that Karn was becoming unrighteous day by day, and an unrighteous person doesn't deserve the Brahmastra.

After that Karn left saying that he will obtain all the weapons from Parshuram, which he did by lying about his varna because Parshuram only taught Brahmins with the exception of Bhism.

But when Parshuram came to know the truth, he cursed him. But it was fair, cause how far the knowledge obtained by lying can take you. More than a curse it was a teaching.

Now lets look at adult lives -

Karn became Angraj, he was raised by wealthy family, he became more wealthy by becoming a King.

But Arjun on the other hand, was born and raised in the forest, and lived most of his life dwelling in the forest.

Karn always lived a Lavish life but Arjun lived a life full of austerities.

Now lets come to the Kurukshetra war -

There was a rule that one cannot attack the other warrior if he has no weapon in hand.

So people say that Karn was killed unfairly as his situation was same as Abhimanyu. Wrong !

Abhimanyu was disarmed, Karn was unarmed. The difference between them is that of Death and sleep.

Several warriors attacked Abhimanyu and due to this his weapons fell from his hand, he was Disarmed. The son of Arjun was not in a condition to fight, the rule applies to him.

But Karn, was in a condition to fight but willing puts down his bow to pull out the wheel. He could have gotten down the rath to fight because Arjun being Vibhatsu (fairest warrior) would have also gotten down.

Even in wounded condition, Abhimanyu fought till his last breath. But Karn was fully in a condition to fight but chose not to.

Ab tum hi batao, if you are fighting in a war aur tum aage se bandook gira ke kuch aur karne lag jao, saamne wala toh maar hi dega na ?

Thus Karn was killed fairly. Its the rule of Karma that no one gets more or less than they deserve and no one escape their Karmfal, and Karn got his on 17th day.

One more thing, Karn knew Abhimanyu was his nephew but was still laughing at his death on the otherside when Arjun came to know Karn was his brother and Vrishketu was his nephew, Arjun raised Vrishketu like his own, loved him more than Abhimanyu.

In conclusion -

Arjun was born and raised in forest, lost his father and mother-figure at a young age, had 100 brothers conspiring against him and his family, lived most of his life in forest due to exile, never got the full love of his wives due to exiles, never got to see his children grow up.

Karn was raised in a wealthy family, got love of both parents, was given education by best teachers, became King of Ang, wasn't denied to participate in Draupadi's swayamvar, got love of wives, children and grandchildren.

SO WHERE DID THIS GUY STRUGGLED !?

Out of everyone Karn lived the best life in Mahabharat and still had the audacity to say -

And yes people saying that he was called Sutputra his entire life...bro....at those times Sut and Shudra were not insulting names.

Just like how a Brahmin was called a Brahmin, a Kshatriya was called a Kshatriya only, so that's why Karn was called a Sut Putra.

Even Krishna referred to him as Sutputra many times in BORI CE, do you think our Keshav would insult anyone based on their birth status ? NO ! IT WASN'T MEANT AS AN INSULT !

The difference between these archers was that Karn always cried for his struggles and Arjun didn't.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

I HOPE THIS WAS EYE OPENING !

Rudraakshi Hope it makes you feel good after what has been going on these days.