Chapter 4 - Plight

I think I'm going to die soon...

My body was weakening. Five days within this gridlock of never ending shadows and there's no insight into a better life.

Circles...squares..polygons..who knows how many times I've been roaming around this forbidden grave country.

I needed water. I craved rest. Forever stubborn I needed to progress..to continue the traverse through unspoken territory.

The trees Still gripped onto their walls of hidden objects and helms for the unseen.

My grandfather had warned me of a mistake...
A mistake that protected the entrance.
And grimace in the plight of many.

I struggled to my feet.
A long kitchen knife in my right hand.
My self discovered walking stick in my left.
I confided in my singular blade.

Striving off bark from the darkened trees amongst my eye-line.
I masked the terror and tears within my already bloodied white hoodie.

The tourniquet around my left arm gripping my lower thigh in its grasp as I limped to a standing position.

For I knew that "mistake" would return.
Once I moved.

A small clicking sound...the sound of one winged object fluttering past my head made my senses engage.

Moving at a faster limp now. The "locusts" were parading my feet. Chomping down on my exposed skin with a ferocity only produced by a blazing ant or stinging nester.

I howled as I rushed forward, trying to keep them from grazing on my injury.

The exit..

A bright light...

A figure in a glimpse of happiness lifted me upwards, bringing up as if I was levitating.

Carrying me from a shadow enchanted palace to a lighthouse filled with never ending promise.

I crossed the line. Protruding the bypass of a life that never truly belonged into to one that I fully deserved.

Was this one worthy of me and my sins from which I committed?
Is this utopia..my safe haven?...

My eden...

Or is this my interlude...my exquisite end to a glorious and trustingly horrific dream.