Chapter 42: Results Of Love

He followed behind me. His long brown hair that covered his hazel eyes brought me a small sense of peace, my world has changed, all of my sadness and frustrations passed me by as he walks beside me, not saying any words just a quick glance into my eyes through his long cut bangs, as he held my hand, students and teachers stopped and looked, some with expressions of surprise others with disgust.

But I didn't care. Not today. Not ever. My heart beat started to race as the bell rang and he walked me to class, hands still clasped before he kissed my cheek, giving me one last smile before life kicked me in the dirt today.

I sat down in my desk, watching as he walked off into the crowded corridors that covered almost every corner of the school.

Class started, we did some math tests, English came, we read a predestinated book, science presented itself and we dissected frogs. But the hardest part of the day still was ahead...

Lunch time.

The bell rang, people packed up their homework papers into their binders, placed their pencils into the netted side of their book bags, and pushed past me to the front of the line.

Once I finally got my tray of overcooked sometimes good food, I sat down at my usual table empty. Students were still flooding out to sit with their friends, then i saw it, my new boyfriend, he looked at me, stopped walking for a second then kissed the girl he was walking with.

My heart dropped. All my happiness and joy floored me into tears. I got up from the table almost tripping over my back pack in the process, running into my one safe place.

The nurses office.

I would stay in here and cry. For hours. Until the last bell rang. I dreaded sitting back on that bus with him but I knew I had to. I Stood up, and walked to the doorframe and looked down to the right, my back pack sat there on the ground next the brightly color painted door, with a note on top that read "sorry".

I knew who it was from but I didn't care. This isn't a redeemable situation, it's always going to be a hard decision. It's always going to be difficult to love.

As I got onto the bus, I found my seat that I was in before. And I moved to it, squeezing between other people so I can sit down beside them. And that's exactly what I did. And would continue to do for the rest of the year.

Because if I'm being honest, - Love has no remedy anymore. And that's exactly how it's going to stay.