Chapter 6: Burden

Bound In Malice And Chains.

I laid amongst my local crop stuffed pillow.
My self proclaimed body guard by my side.
Our shared windowless, progressing into darkness as night traversed downward.

"Did you really have to insult my father"
She spoke with a grimace.

"Did you actually have to defend me?" I spoke with while pacing frantically within these closing walls.

"Do you still have that dagger?" I pushed vocally hoping the wooden floor would stay solid long enough to withhold us and the incoming rainstorm.

"Yes, but why." Her blue eyes glistening underneath her classic serious glare.

She took it from beneath her wooden clogs her legs still cloaked underneath what have proven to be a lethal enterprise of weapons and gadgets.

"Do you wish to escape with me?" I questioned,  the wind worsening as we traveled onward into the storm.

"As you will Most likely perish before dawn, I must accompany you." Her hood covering a smug smirk as she kicked open the wooden barred cage that had swollen my nerves so much that I couldn't have pondered about breaking free in that manor.

I felt a droplet. The rain flourished my dirt incrusted white and red striped flannel pants. The floor began to creek as the flying wooden cell collapsed. The enchanted moths shrieking in progression as they befell a swift and merciless death. The lightening that struck them and the cell, crashed down in the east, formally engulfing the forest below us in intense and what seemed to be eternal flames.

Fluttering and flying through the air.
Are we to die?
Destined to ever go downward into a fiery abyss.
Or a justification of love and a sense of redemption on the slimy forest below.

A savior to slay the slaughtered.
Or a hero to persuade fate.