Chapter 17: Reminders

I can remember... the pain. The whispers of her voice...they Still echo in my mind.
I wanted to sleep. I wanted to escape...I needed to.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to ask the gods why they'd taunt me with such tactless nightmarish promises of a death that I would not soon forget.

I wanted to dream. Not dream of a knife though the heart... and not of her soft echos, I wanted one fortnight where I wouldn't beam up in a sweat..one week, one moment, one second where I didn't urn for her flawless presence.

I missed her. And it haunted me. I missed her, and It will always taunt me. The passing caves that I studied as small rain pellets frilled down the steel bars that kept me in a ever looming cascading spiral once more.

No longer was I locked inside that dusty rat infested underground tunnel cell. The emperor..yes him..once more has me being sullied, my pride beaten out of me once more, my soul bartered and my sense slain.

"The highest highness privies his personal caravan just to await your arrival". The magenta tipped tainted silk robed royal bard sang with a light curtsy.

And lead me inside, Inside the heavy horse drawn carrier laid gold plated walls parched with great intricate designs. The pure white hand stitched patted seats sat high with a small round table with side holders for the warm luxurious glass tea sets that shook wildly amongst the trots that the Clydesdales brought forth.

I stepped inside. And asked one quick question as the bard followed behind me. Shutting the rectangular door behind us. It's clamoring loud swoosh still pounding amongst my inner ears.

"Can I sleep" the bard nodded. Not a tone leaving his tongue. Just silence as I curdled up my legs against the edges of the soft pillow like cushioned seats, letting the gallops and trots rock me into a deep endless sleep...the rain still rattling the small bars that covered the windows.

But this one time, I didn't care. Finally..maybe...hopefully...I could find happiness..perhaps now I could.

Move on.