Chapter 5: Shade

Masked and alone. I awoke.

The sun blistering my still smoldering wounds.

My eye sight quivering like a elephant with imposing gravity.

I rushed to my feet, struggling to my feet, briskly flustered with surges of emerging pain with every heavy slumping step.

"Rest..Or rise"... we have a fight to withhold.

My still blinded sight adjusted towards a corner.

In a corner of this overlapping leaf crafted treehouse sat a hermit. Not one of organic taste or ordinary regality but one of the tree dwellers.

"R'donna. That's my name".  She sat slouched in one of the ten shaded spots away from the glistening sun seeking spitfire that awaited us above.

I'm - "I know your name" she interrupted her flower Woven crown caressing her stunningly beach blonde hairs and crystal blue eyes.

For her demeanor did not factor one into one as a dementor.

"They can't get you here, ya know" she smirked shifting a hand crafted blade up and down a previously premature root, as if to shave it's already dying bounty.

Come with me..she stood to her feet she was almost a foot taller than me by comparison but her stunning beauty amused my insight as well as drenching out my increasing worry and pounding points of pain.

She slide a covered veil. Only to reveal a sunset, and a wooden table and a balcony. I coaxed myself to the table, shuffling my way out of the late attended hammock that now saw mindless as I whimpered my way out into the stick pile that sat before me.

"Eat" she commanded. My father...King..Fjord will have a word with the "chosen one" on the 'Morrow. Her accent make me quiver with new sensations.

I must ask -"no JoAnna, you shall eat" she instructed sternly, smirking, grasping her warn blade tightly by her right hip.

She poor a small cup of dew water from a lightly flourished but softly whittled transport system from that mostly like diluted waste downward into the swamps below..

The teaspoon of soap and soup wasn't enough.
It wasn't filling but I did as I was told. As a guest and a product, a figurehead..a "chosen one"

She looked up once more. The sunset just peering off the horizon. Enveloping us soon in overlooking unspoken stars. Blessed heavenly lights.

The sunset..and then sunshine along with an ever promised tomorrow..

Or so I must've held as a begotten handheld hope.

For the shade shall remain as one.
Ever long. Looming amongst our will. Our mental. Our progress entering a constructive manner of noons and evaluation.

The shade..was my fear..my stalker and I..the pray.

Her gemstone eyes glistened into mine. Ever so, I become frightfully addicted her words broke my heart and my concentration for sleep was still needed...

"War is coming ..chosen one..  we March on the marrow".