Chapter 18: Reperations

Sadness: that's what I've been reminded of.
The nicely decorated spoon I held in my hand swirled around the sauced duck and warm soup with the smallest leaves placed delicately with in the once perfect center of the neatly crafted bowl.

The face that once held a smile now held a Melancholy scowl. I missed her. I wished she was still here at this palace dinner table..holding my hand tightly and telling me it's okay.

But she wasn't she was taken away but the very man that sat to my right. The same god King who's glances who either charm or pierce an entire ball room into enchanted laugher or utter demolished silence.

The same father who'd slain his own daughter in front of my eyes. The same monster that sat beside me and quietly granted the servants permission to fill my wooden cup and fortify my napkins correctly in place.

"So would you like to stay here?" His voice booming, his echos clambering against the solid lion statues that delighted the environment but whose eyes also followed me and my moves with a fearsome indulgence.

"Yessir" I coughed up those words with disgusted, the most false smiled plastered upon my face with a United plead.

"May I go wash up?" He wiped his hands and his brunette mustache and snapped his fingers.

The shackles were placed back onto me, and I was escorted back into my "chambers" I wanted to sleep, I wanted to think about her and drift off into a easy but kind sleep.

But I knew life was unfair and Lady Luck was an vengeful mistress.