Chapter 20: Flawed Imperfections

White doves swept through the air like a nightmarish dream. I fell into the theme with a unwanted gleam and walked down the pale silk carpeted floor and winced and stumbled in the cumbersome glass heels that stood beneath my feet.

The giant chapel doors slammed open. Pink and white flower petals showered me and the emperors cloak and perfected dress. I wanted to escape I wanted to scream, but my right arm laid swooped and hooked intertwined within his own.

He wanted me to be skipping with unattainable joy. He expected me to be thanking his peasants for appearing. He smiled and I grinned but my false act did not do the crowd justice.

We reached the podium. His name was announced the boasting trumpets blared. And the royal guards kneeled.

I held my ground. He released my arm. The shackles remaining on my feet. The giant ball drowning me beneath its weight along with holding the shadow of the chain scaring my bared ankles.

The royally appointed priest scurried in. Shouting off his tongue oaths and promises. I agreed unwillingly. I pardoned my happiness and followed blindly.

We vowed and I silently cried after saying I do and sealing it with a sloppy false kiss. He walked me out of the chapel and back into the castle quarters. Yelling at me to get ready for dinner but I didn't... not yet.

I laid down on my bed..

And sobbed into the silence that mocked Me.