Chapter 38: False Smiles And Broken Tears

James still wanted to cry.  He wanted to be balled up in his bed asking why the world hated him. For years he queried that very thought. Pondering it until it haunted him. Many times it plagued him. The thought of being alone stunning to him. Depleted him of strength.

James' best friend Zach had been there for him through it all. His tears flourished under the thought of his loss. Zach would be missed.

It was Thursday. Only James knew the truth. James knew the bullies and his mortal foes had murdered Zach. See Zach was a little more nerdy than James. Picked on for all the wrong reasons and laughed at harder than others.

His square glasses and pale skin definitely was a partial force in his eventual defeat.

The bullies had murdered him. But he didn't know how approach it.
James sat up in his bed and laughed until he cried at the pictures on the tree stump that was his bed stand. He wanted to show them what vengeance is. He wanted them to feel how much Zach hurt.

But he knew better. He wasn't much stronger than Zach was. And his confidence in himself was a lot less.

"James?" His mothers smile faded as she pushed aside the flimsy wooden panel that made up his wooden door aside. The hand crafted tea cups flying downwards in a indelicate crash.

She rushed over to him. Dedicating a moment to him. Holding him close and asking him why his tears cascaded down his pale cheeks.

"I know they killed him" James exclaimed his voice still shuttering from the tears and the fear of consequences and repercussions.

"Who Zach?" She asked still holding him close. "YES" Zach shouted in distracting frustration.
"I saw them in the ally behind the school beating him up...I was powerless to stop them"

James and his mother sat there for hours conversing on what to do and how to go about this traumatic pattern of pain and struggle.

For he would tell..someone..and perhaps..finally...they're would finally be freedom of mind and justice served.