Chapter 34: The Reasons

James knew the truth....

Although he did not know how to tell anyone.
He thought of ways and reasons. He wanted to tell one of them. Tell them how he knew they were being played so that maybe then...

They would fall for him instead but he also knew it was wrong. James laid in bed. The rain trickling down his straw and wood infused window that made up his hut. His passions and dreams of a fulfilling relationship halted by the same scumbag Neanderthal that haunted his every waking thought.

He plotted revenge. But he knew the risks.
The dance was coming. Homecoming. His mother had picked out a suit. But would anybody really notice if he went in alone.

The world quaked alongside the trees the flushed amongst the wind and the loud crackle of thunder and lightning. The storm put him at ease. He loved the sound of the rain fluttering it's way downward past the metallic rain pipes that surrounded his woodland home.

The small mansion where he once lived has departed months back. His mind now developed in a seemingly peaceful serenity that had hasn't felt for along time.

He arose to his feet only for a short minute to twist the dial on his record player to play his favorite calming classical music. His small lingering cat, "Vogel" purring against the door that he pushed open with his tiny face. His yellow eyes calming my soul as he leaped onto my bed, rubbing his body against my pillow and yawning along with me.

James drifted off to sleep. Dreaming of a relationship and a dance to be. Revenge and perhaps even calamity. The smirk on his sleeping face told it all. The blustering wind and soothing classical overture nurtured the perfect lullaby until he woke again the next day.