Chapter 41: Side Eyes

The rain is starting up again...

My ears became sullied by the upset of rambunctious students. Friendless, I sat in the back of the bus, my stomach churning from the stop and go motion. The sketch pad in my hand shifting alongside the pencil pressed in my palm.

One headphone in my ear, I turned up the rock music now blaring in my headphones. A smile formed on my face. The lyrics although intense came through with a stunning guitar accompaniment.

I studied my surroundings, the tune reverberated throughout my ears. The sound perfected through perseverance and dedication.

I adored it. The harmonies deafened me from my sadness, helped me escape from my burdens, I craved it. I loved it. I needed it.

My eyes shifted around the rows of hooligans, typical teenagers, some with their heads in their phones, texting their partners or reassuring their parents that they are okay, others doing their best to talk their friends over the hum of the constant school busses engine.

My sight landed on someone. Somebody I've never seen before, somebody....beautiful. His name unknown...his black hair covered one eye...kinda like mine. My heart started beating faster. My stomach became twisted in knots. My head transformed into a typhoon of slanderous emotions and teetering thoughts.

I questioned whether or not, I should even make the small trip to the last seat the end of the bus. I would have to brave through the ruckus, watch for craziness, and avoid tripping over any book bags that may have slid out during the buses deeper turns...perhaps if I put both of my headphones in I could withstand and overcome the oppression...

I put a false smile on my face, took out my only remaining ear bud, and stood to my feet, took one step towards the corridor that led to the back of the bus, as the...bus stopped. I frowned and sighed. We had arrived...infront of the school.

Maybe happiness wasn't for me. Maybe I wasn't meant to find love..as we were exiting the bus, I felt a tap on the back of my right shoulder, my new crush handed me a note....i smiled at him...truly this time...as we started having a conversation as we walked down the bus steps and into the front door of the one place i hated most of all...but maybe...just maybe..it could be better... with him..

A new found happiness has arisen. A pathway has been formed, tune into the next chapter to find out what happens next!