Chapter 21: Mistakes And Failures.

I hate myself and I hate my life. I repeated in my head. My feelings forever shattered. The dim candle light hovering amongst my body. I Quaked, for the sight held within the timeless thoughts of her still made my heartbreak. I wanted to be empress. But I did not praise the thought of being shoveled into another unsightly dress.

I stood to my feet. Her blade still swinging from my hip. Smiling a small smirk of remembrance as thoughts of her collided within.

I emerged from my pale room. My half naked body forever gleaming with pale skin and frowned scars.

The maxes flushed outward, scurrying throughout the large corridors as if mice were chancing their luck before being beheaded.

I pondered what they were doing. I returned to my room. Slide aside a bar that I knew was ready loose. Shimmied down the brick wall. Scaling the tides of cold wind and laughter amongst the peasants pubs.

For Christmas was arrived. And although everyone was happy. I knew of bad times and earlier methods for a cheerful time. I peered inside, the door bursting open as I slid myself through.

And took down atop small table.
The matrons, the dukes, the pessimistic town folk, looked at me as my chair slid releasing the most ear screeching sound I had ever heard rumbled against our precious ear drums.

My head thumped as I place my buttocks down in this wooden chair. This would be my sanctuary. My happy place. My escape.

And although the watchers and the emperor may not approve. I would be heard in tales forever told. Or I face my death. Either shall be a relief. For these people needed I salvation.

And I planned on being that savior.