Chapter 28: The Homecoming.

The remedy for the broken heart is a forever soul.

But he already knew that. Jacob, the boy of all plausible dreams and forgotten nightmares.

They feared him. They all feared him. Jacob was always the outsider, he elvish ears and small lions tail excluded him for the other morphs whose transformation had still lied dormant.

He grimaced. The effortless agenda of walking down the school halls made for the worst trip.
The rain clustered into puddles, and the loud thunder shook the ears of the inviting communities.

For today was his not only his date of birth, but also his independence ceremony. One where Jacob would be forced to overcome his fears and survive a rain filled sloshed journey through the woodlands and rough patched terrain.

The bell rang, the students that shoved past him lived happily, there faces aglow with entitled enticement of fortified bonds.

Jacob wanted that. He wanted to feel whole, to be able to smile and feel happy again.

The doors slammed shut behind him, the students, his classmates and ex friends boo'd him into submission. They stood in to horizontal lines, their hands releasing unripe and rotten fruit and vegetables at me from what the lunch time employees called "the bin"

With his hoodie on and his fav sports team cap on he followed a string into the Forrest. The tether hooking on by pulley and fulcrum,  kept him steady.

Jacob, who's thoughts were lost in his own demise, tumbled, he tumbled so far and so fast, the one wrong hit might've been the end for him.

He scrambled to his feet, his prep school uniform scuffed with leaves and immense dirt that did not seem redeemable.

Then he saw it, The house, the house that was one of legend...the same house his mother had once dreamt of beautiful things and wonderful nightmares.

He was home...