The Second Waltz | Chapter 35

Homecoming was here....

But James sat in the corner awaiting his fate.
His beloved crush sat laughing with his other jock mates. His glances drifting over to his "first girl" but James had a surprise. A long awaited chance to reveal this truth. The purpose behind his tears and his nightmarish fears was now clear.

He smiled as the lights transformed into one.
The spot line turned onto the principal. His words shifting ever so clearly into what was a blur.

The entire room paused and looked at me. Music stopped heart beating James took the stage.

Two of his nerdish friends and his only girl that was a friend followed behind him carrying a guitar, the dark black curtain shifted to a sight one ever so amazing to behold. Pink enlightened drums scrambled the eyes of the now teenage audience.

James strummed and started singing his heart out. The crowd booed but James didn't care. He knew they'd change their tone once they heard his voice. He hoped and prayed this would be the inner voice expression needed to persuade both of them or just one.

The drums pounded following but the bassist's perfect tones along with my friend Alicia, her back up words not only as a friend but on this song was critical.

He sung out, the gymnasium went in into an awed silence before cheering and eventually singing outwardly and along with his words.

If love was a lie, you wouldn't know.
Did you understand when you fell for him.
That he wouldn't help you grow.
Delighted in his previous sins.
His heart forever corrupted. (No, No)

Both girls didn't say a word. I noticed as he tried to comfort one of them with a arm around her shoulder. They pushed his arm off and rushed off towards the lighted school hallway.

His plan had worked. James would get home and he would test the upset girl, comfort her and hopefully exploit her feelings in benefit toward himself.

As Dirty and wrong as that maybe be. It was the plan. It was his only chance to maybe find true love again.