Chapter 10: The War

Arrows flew past my head....

The rigid air frosting the screams and Deafening sounds catastrophic great swords colliding with the army of patrons and townsfolk, willing to fight for what they own.

I paused looking over my shoulder at her blond hair swaying left and right still ever so enchanting.

"Forward march" she commanded, her white saddled stallion galloping straight for the falsely crowned general that had tried to vanquish us from the skies to the Forrest tree home we once knew as a sanctuary.

The world paused as I followed behind her, arrows still proving a steady force. My eternal happiness faded... as the tyrant slide his blade past her chain guard and past her steel armor directly through her heart...

I gasped the loudest gasp I ever had per took. Her slain body, reducing to a sliver as she crumbled off her stead and on the grassy already body infested mountain ground.

I rushed to her aid, the king..her father..laughed..ever so boldly, his humbleness taking a shade of red and one of green.

I held her head In my hands. My saviors last words still echoing forever amongst the inner walls of my mind, for a hopeful eternity.

"I love you"...she muttered once more. One tear trickling from my eyes as her glare went silent.

"Sleep, my love, you ... deserve it.

I steadied my blade, preparing for revenge and justice.