Chapter 7: The Savior

Swiftly we cluttered amongst the shifting branches.

Until our bodies clambered to the slimy ground  below us. My hands and eyes still trembling from what had seemed to be our end and the brightness from the lightening bolt that had surely been some kind of recompense for our past sins.

I looked around studying our surroundings. The wet ground, infested with puddles and swarming with river bed insects had now been developed in a rain all to familiar.

A Groan developed around my ear shot near by.
"Gwen??..GWEN?!" There she laid strewn about, leg broken and arm sprained..

"How long were we out" she painfully exclaimed.

"Not that Long" I responded as gathering a few sturdy branches amongst that ones fallen from before.

I grimaced as her emerald eyes now shuffling in and out of what was urged to be a blatant sense of consciousnesses.

"This is Gonna Hurt" .. her eyes widened as I tried setting her leg with the natural made splint.

"Did it work??.." she asked still groaning from the excruciatingly amount of pain surging within her.

The rain still trickling. I paused imagining a smaller and in-depth way to avoid slipping on the wet fallen leaves below us.

I pulled her under a tree. The silent sounds of the Forrest colluding with the rain for perfect resting weather. Both our backs facing the vast ever looming trees the swayed against the clouds above us.

"A miracle we survived, Huh?" She weakly smirked. Laying her wet still beautiful blond head of hair against my drenched shoulder her cloak now inconsequentially forming into a light poncho.

I slowly and accidentally kissed her forehead and muttered out "...I love you.."

She muttered out a unheard "I love you too"..her word ever so clear in my mind. I kissed her forehead and drifted off into a deep concentration of half meditation and almost essential sleep.

Totally forget the fires raging towards us..although slain by the storm, I now hoped the gods would spare us once more..let it rain..but please..don't let us burn...